Joshua Riffel Fighting the CANCER BATTLE diagnosed with Bone Metastases
- By: Bevan Riffel
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/joshua-riffel
Good day everyone, my son Joshua was diagnosed with stage 4 nasopharyngeal cancer just before his 13th birthday. My wife had to resign to take care of him during his treatment. It was a total shock to us when we found out about this and now the bills are pilling up and we are struggling to make ends meet.
He is under the Oncology department at Grootte Schuur Hospital.
When he first was diagnosed with Cancer he had to go for a PET Scan at Tygerberg hospital. Here the scan indicated that a Node lit up in his bronchia’s.
The doctors suspected that the cancer had spread to his lungs. But Thank the Almighty it did not. It was an infection -TB. Joshua has now been on TB meds for the past month. He has to take 5 TB tablets and a multi vitamin first thing in the morning on an empty tummy.
He started his 3rd round of chemo on Wednesday 20th June. He then had to go for 35 sessions, every day from Monday to Friday, for 7 weeks for chemo-radiation. This is where he will go for chemo first every day and then radiation.
Joshua's mom had to give up work to be able to look after him. When Joshua goes into hospital for chemo she gets a border pass and stays at hospital with him.
On the 29 March 2019 we went in to receive the results of Joshua's bone scan as he had been struggling with pain for a couple of months in his back, upon speaking to Drs at Grootte Schuur we as a family recieved the bad news again, his cancer has spread into the bone in the spine, bone metastases cancer. He has had 2 weeks of radiation only to relieve the pain in his back.
On the 24 August 2019 we went to hospital to recieve the results of Joshua's scan, it was a total shock to hear that the cancer has spread to his femur, Ilum, 2 Ribs as well as part of hi skull, he has been in so much pain and is on morphine to help with the pain, his busy with radiation as well as this will relieve his pain but there is nothing else they can do for him, thanks for the prayers and support during this journey.
- Sep 15, 2019 - USD $ 72.17
- "Be positive and strong. God bless you..." - André Fabing
- Jul 29, 2019 - USD $ 127.34
- "I am so sorry for the struggle and pain that you’re going through, " - Zoe Juries
- Apr 30, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Your family is in my prayers" - Ashley Warren
- Apr 30, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Lots of love" - Lyle and Emma
- Apr 26, 2019 - R 308.46
- "All the love to the family " - Anon
- Apr 22, 2019 - R 205.64
- "In our prayers " - A friend
- Dec 24, 2018 - R 1 015.00
- "Always thinking of you" - B
- Nov 20, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Strength to the family, keep the faith x" - S J Nel
- Nov 16, 2018 - USD $ 148.51
- "Best wishes to you and your family." - Fin
- Oct 25, 2018 - R 203.00
- "Psalm 91 vs 11 " - Anon
- Oct 25, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Joshua & Riffel family - keep fighting! God bless you and you are all in our prayers... " - Anonymous
- Oct 25, 2018 - R 1 015.00
- "Keeping you guys in our prayers." - René Mesias-Petersen
- Oct 24, 2018 - R 1 010.00
- "I challenge all other businesses to take part in this. an donate for a good cause. " - FCL Motors
- Oct 23, 2018 - R 200.00
- "Good luck, wishing you the very best" - Anonymous
- Oct 23, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Good luck with you treatment....God Bless!" - Jo
- Oct 22, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "Hope this helps lessen the financial stress. Sending strength to Josh!" - Jessica Simpson
Joshua Riffel's Medical Cause
My son was diagnosed with stage 4 nasopharyngeal cancer just before his 13th birthday. My wife had to resign to take care of him during his treatment. It was a total shock to us when we found out about this and now the bills are pilling up and we are struggling to make ends meet.
Please Help Us Spread The Word: