Get Josh to Vegas
- By: Sharon Rushton
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/joshua-rushton
Joshua is my 20 year old son. He has Down Syndrome. Recently Joshua was invited to take part in an international pageant who have an inaugural pageant for young adults with Down Syndrome.
To our surprise, he won the prestigious title of Mr MMI Phenominal Gauteng 2019. The crowning will be held in Johannesburg on 16 June. As a title winner, he will be competing in Vegas in March 2020 where he will be representing South Africa.
Josh does not let having Down Syndrome get him down. He is a very active young man who is a provincial athlete and tumbler (where he competes against able-bodied athletes). He also visits the gym regularly to stay super fit.
To earn an income, Josh bakes biscotti from his small home bakery (with mom). His business is known as Joshi Biscotti . He sells his biscotti at markets and at various retail outlets.
He is a happy, healthy, active young man who rises to any challenge and lives life to the fullest
To make the trip to Vegas, competing internationally a reality, and to realise this dream, we need to raise R90 000 for Josh and a chaperone (mom) to attend. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
In Vegas, he will attend various functions, the Gala pageant, various public appearances etc.
The money needs to be raised by January 2020 as the pageant has been postponed until March 2020.
Funds raised will be used to cover:
Two return air tickets to get to Vegas - R40 000
2 x Accommodation and meals for 10 days- R40 000
2 x Travel expenses - R10 000
This is a wonderful opportunity to promote advocacy and inclusion for young adults with special needs. It's also a great opportunity for Joshua to be recognised for his efforts in overcoming his challenges as well as building his confidence and representing his country.
The funds will be paid directly to Joshua's parents so that all the necessary expenses can be covered directly without delay or third-party payments.
Should we not raise enough funding for the Vegas trip, we will put the money in an account for Joshua to assist in his business, Joshi Biscotti. He needs additional equipment. We will also be able to use the money towards his gymnastic and athletic training and future events. He is a very talented athlete and gymnast.
You can follow his progress here.
- Jan 20, 2020 - R 5 141.00
- "Good luck from Bill & Mike" - Sensetek
- Dec 03, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Goodluck " - J
- Nov 25, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Such Amazing Achievements So Far! Continue Reaching for the Stars!!! Best Of Luck From N.ICE " - Sharmaine & Kumaran Mari
- Nov 14, 2019 - USD $ 33.66
- "I hope you make it!!" - Brianne Rushton
- Oct 02, 2019 - USD $ 68.65
- "All the Best... Mate" - Dudley
- Jun 26, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Good luck Josh!" - Lauren Schoeman
- Jun 24, 2019 - USD $ 26.79
- "From London ?" - Candice
- Jun 13, 2019 - R 2 030.00
- "All the best Josh - You got this buddy" - Olivia Thomas
- Jun 12, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck Josh!" - Shannon Lambson
- Jun 10, 2019 - USD $ 70.62
- "Good luck!!" - Taylor
- Jun 08, 2019 - USD $ 73.63
- "All the best to Josh and family for this exciting and personally enriching experience" - Old Friend
- Jun 05, 2019 - USD $ 52.60
- "Good luck Josh. You are an inspiration to me." - Jacqui
- Jun 05, 2019 - USD $ 35.82
- "Goodluck guys" - ChrisSmith