From SA to the UK!
- By: Samantha Gouws
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/juan-and-sammy
Our names are Juan and Sammy and we are 29 and 28-years-old respectively. Currently, we live and work in Milnerton, Cape Town. Juan has experience with the installation of window coverings, security gates, security shutters, and clear bar burglar bars. He is currently a site foreman for a company which supplies and installs artificial lawn and paving, and I am an Interior Designer with over 7 years of experience within the industry. We have been together for 4 years and are engaged to be married in June 2019… Very exciting!!!
We are trying to raise funds to move to England to live and work there. Over the past 18 months, we have really been struggling financially, even though we both have permanent jobs. Times are tough for everybody and with the economy as it has been and currently is in South Africa, people are reluctant to part with their money for Interior Design services, something which is seen as a luxury, and not a necessity. It is very sad being in an industry which you have a deep passion for, but not being able to pay your bills at the end of every month. We have had to sell a lot of our personal belongings and take out loans in order to pay our monthly commitments and keep a roof over our heads.
Moving to the UK shall be life-changing for us. It will allow us to develop personally, culturally and better ourselves financially. I will also be able to grow within the field of Interior Design and be able to positively affect people by creating beautiful homes for them to live in as well as functional work environments for businesses.
We are working towards moving to England by January 2020. There are no pressing factors, this is our own personal goal which we are aiming to achieve.
The funds which we manage to raise shall assist us with paying for the following involved in us getting from South Africa to the UK:
1. Visa’s: £1150.00
2. Flight tickets from Cape Town to London: £950.00
3. Airbnb accommodation until we secure an apartment (for 2 months): £1240.00
4. Rental deposit (6 months deposit + 1st month’s rental) to secure a 1 bedroom / studio apartment: £8400.00
5. Food (for the 1st 3 months): £1800.00
6. Travelling costs to and from work (for the 1st 3 months): £900.00
7. Pre-paid airtime and data for cell phones (for the 1st 3 months): £600.00
8. Use of an Internet Café (for 1 month): £100.00
9. Clothing (initial set up for work): £1000.00
10. Paying off debt in South Africa (settling of vehicle finance balance after the sale of a vehicle, loans, credit cards): £8050.00
TOTAL: £24190.00 (R 452,394.12 currently)
Juan and Sammy Immigration Cause
Our names are Juan and Sammy and we are 29 and 28-years-old respectively. Currently, we live and work in Milnerton, Cape Town. Juan is a site foreman for an installation company, and I am an Interior Designer. We have been together for 4 years and are engaged to be married in June 2019. We would like to raise funds to move to England to live and work there.