Just-In Time for Change
- By: Justin Marais
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/justin-marais
My name is Justin Marais, currently a final year medical student at Stellenbosch University. I will be graduating in December and want to raise funds for the breast cancer unit at Tygerberg Hospital. I am also an avid runner and plan to use this to fuel my campaign by running a marathon a few days before my graduation.
The campaign is to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Unit at Tygerberg. The funds will be used to make improvements to the clinic in order to better aid females who otherwise would get lost to the system and suffer from their breast cancer.
My graduation is on 10 December 2019 and would love to have the funds raised by then. The marathon, however, is on 7 December and my aim is actually to start the race with all the funds raised.
Funds will be used to upgrade the clinic in many areas, this includes screening for breast cancer and better management of the holistic care needed to better aid females who suffer from breast cancer.
As a medical student, I have to rotate through head, neck and breast surgery during my surgery rotations. This made me aware of the need from the clinic side. Breast cancer and management thereof is still far away here than what is available elsewhere, but our females in South Africa deserve so much better.
*Funds raised will go directly to the breast cancer unit at Tygerberg Hospital*
- Oct 01, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Hi Justin this is paying forward in a very big way" - Charlene
- Sep 17, 2019 - R 203.00
- "So very proud of you, and the person you are. " - EW
- Sep 16, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Baie trots op jou. Sterkte. " - Danie en Elmien
- Sep 14, 2019 - R 2 537.50
- "Justin, you are already Blessed. I declare this upon you!" - Neil
- Sep 06, 2019 - R 152.25
- "Dont Give Up The Fight!" - Zayan Booley
- Sep 02, 2019 - USD $ 6.93
- "Hou aan met die goeie werk Justin, jys gaan 'n onbeskryflike goeie spoor los. Vat die toekoms, dit is blink!" - Willa Van Zyl
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Trots op jou! " - Vdm
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Love that you are supporting us. Enjoy the campaign and the race." - Karin
- Sep 01, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck Justin!!! Trots budz trots!!!" - Christiaan Smit