Kado's Color Run Challenge
- By: Kado Andrews
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/kadoa-color-run-challenge
My name is Kado and I have been a participant of Mamelani's Youth development programme for 3 years, they have supported me in my transition into adulthood and walked alonside me in my development. I have decided to participate in the colour run alongside all the other Mamelani Movers and attempt to raise funds for the organisation that has helped me change my life.
Please consider supporting me in my run.
R4500 allows one young person to complete a paid internship, providing them with the opportunity to gain access to the world of work, technical experience and money management skills. Together the Mamelani Movers Color Run team would like to secure enough funds to allow 5 youth to be a part of this process. So come on and back us on our color adventure. Together we can make a difference.
About Mamelani Projects Proseed Youth Development Programme:
The programme consists of supporting young people in successfully transitioning out of state care at 18 years of age. Care leavers are said to be one of the most vulnerable groups in society, and without adequate support, after years of care and development, many face poor outcomes in adult life.
Mamelani has developed an approach to working with young people, a process to support them in preparing for and facing life beyond care. The programme runs over 3 years, providing support prior to the transition, as well as continued support after leaving.
- Oct 14, 2013 - R 2 000.00
- "Happy anniversary and congratulations on your wonderful work" - Michelle and Stanley Flax
- Oct 14, 2013 - R 1 000.00
- "Keep up the good work Carls.....hope the run is successful" - Ken (Canada)
- Oct 14, 2013 - R 500.00
- "Hope it goes well" - Eddie Villiers
- Oct 13, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Happy Birthday Mamelani and good luck Kado!!" - Eric & Gaili
- Oct 10, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Happy to support you and Mamelani!" - Jamie McLaren Lachman
- Oct 10, 2013 - R 100.00
- "Go Kado!" - Clinton
- Oct 09, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Congrats on a great achievement!" - Lauren
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here