Kai Hall - World Class Waves Project
- By: Claudia and Wesley Hall
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/kai-hall
My name is Kai Hall, I am 12 years old and I live in Durban. I have been surfing since the age of 3, it’s as if I was destined to surf. Surfing is my passion, I am lucky to know what my passion is and know what I can do really well so early in my life.
My goal is to be on the world tour and to be a professional surfer. You gotta dream big! For now, a step towards that goal is to get to some international surf destinations with my Dad before I turn 15. Next step Hawaii and Western Australia as I would like to surf “The Box”. I am aiming to get the biggest, hollowest barrels I can find.
It’s basically my goal to surf all kinds of waves to get the most experience I can all over the world and that will prepare me best for becoming a professional surfer!
I am fundraising for a trip with my Dad to Indonesia. This will be the first of many international surf trips as it will teach me to deal with big, hollow waves, which will prepare me for Hawaii. Then it’s full steam ahead……… Hawaii, Australia, Fiji and I could go on and on………. You get the idea.
I feel that it is essential for me to grow as a surfer by traveling around the world to gain experience in surfing different types of waves in different oceans around the world. Connecting with the right crowd of people and being in the right places will also help me achieve my dream of becoming a professional surfer. Talking about surf spots and sharing knowledge and making friends all over the world. This is who I am, I just need help getting there.
Thanks to my mom for getting all the footage and making the edit for back a buddy. It's home video vibes......for more footage from photographers check out my Instagram page also for results on my latest contests and all other updates...
My tickets for Indonesia have alreadybeen booked and paid for. The tickets are for 3 months, I have accommodation for 2 months. We fly on 24th July.
Breakdown of costs for 3 month period:
1. Flights 24000 - already raised
2. Accommodation (2 months raised) 1 month, i need 10 000
3. Transport and petrol 7500
4. Food 10000
5. Travel insurance 2000
6. Photos ...
STILL TO RAISE R30 000
Whatever is raised will now go towards food and transport and the 1-month accommodation I need because we are definitely going to Indonesia, it's all booked!
The impact the donations will have on the development of my surfing will be immense. By surfing international, world-class waves at a young age, will catapult my chances of success in the international arena of surfing with the best in the world. This is what I need right now, it will change my life.
The funds will go to Claudia Hall's account. She will use this account to manage all the travelling components listed in the cost breakdown.
- Aug 13, 2019 - USD $ 176.45
- "*" - Anonymous
- Aug 10, 2019 - USD $ 65.55
- "Enjoy the surfing experience Kai. Great to see how committed your parents are to giving you this opportunity of a lifetime." - Richard
- Aug 09, 2019 - R 1 015.00
- "Keep chasing your dreams, Kai! We're rooting for you all the way!" - Vlad and Christy
- Aug 05, 2019 - USD $ 20.50
- "Rip it up you small legend " - Rohan Watts
- Aug 05, 2019 - USD $ 56.91
- "????????????" - Kano
- Aug 02, 2019 - USD $ 105.87
- "Get Barrels!! And drop in on your Dad for me! " - Joe Seeger
- Jul 31, 2019 - USD $ 28.18
- "Hope you get some good waves from Heather and Ross (Australia)" - Heather and Ross
- Jul 29, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Wishing you the best of luck" - Anonymous
- Jul 25, 2019 - USD $ 758.66
- "Show em who's Boss " - AK BK JK n M.I.A
- Jul 24, 2019 - R 300.00
- "I watched you surf in Jbay, you are ripping.. soon you will be living the dream!!" - Jasmine Seymour
- Jul 24, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Give it everything chief " - Andrew Hunt
- Jul 23, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Proud of you Kai " - Elaine
- Jul 23, 2019 - USD $ 37.90
- "Good Luck Kai! Love you! Grandpa xx" - Quinten Moolman
- Jul 23, 2019 - USD $ 26.53
- "Best of Luck Kai! I have seen your videos and think you are great! " - Marilyn Corby
- Jul 19, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Lekke surf" - Emile Kotze
- Jul 19, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Miss you bras! Get some lefts for me! Tune the Bullie to get on the camera! Rip it boy" - Blake Freegard
- Jul 18, 2019 - USD $ 60.86
- "Get some barrels for us Kai!!! Keep ripping!" - Bongo and Lea
- Jul 18, 2019 - R 350.00
- "Enjoy Kai!" - Daryn sinclair
- Jul 17, 2019 - USD $ 93.73
- "Good luck Kai, live the dream????" - Gareth Harvey
- Jul 17, 2019 - USD $ 151.71
- "Go champ" - Shaun the bellyboarder
- Jul 17, 2019 - USD $ 72.10
- "Good luck Kai!!" - Anna
- Jul 17, 2019 - R 304.50
- "Good luck! " - Willie Loots
- Jul 17, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Goodluck Kai" - West Coast Chilli
- Jul 16, 2019 - R 304.50
- "For the grommets chow not the ballies bintangs" - Andre L
- Jul 12, 2019 - USD $ 15.14
- "Rooting for you Kai! " - The Dubai Fentons
- Jul 12, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Moer ittttttt Kai" - Zane
- Jul 11, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Go for it" - Claudia
- Jul 11, 2019 - USD $ 35.27
- "Go Kai.. keep the stoke! " - Julian Taylor