Karen's Ironman for Smile 2018
- By: Karen Mels
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/karen-ironman-smile
I have always been a passionate sports lover. It was always my dream to one day, run the Comrades. To date, I completed 6 Comrades marathons and 8 Two Oceans races. I enjoy participating in any sport, however, I have a greater passion for swimming, cycling and running, hence I started training for Ironman.
In 2017 I lived my dream and finished my first full Ironman.
This year I have entered for the full Ironman as well as Durban 70.3 Ironman.
In 2017 when I finished the bike loop, I knew I was going to finish and one thing no one could take away from me was my SMILE. I smiled non-stop from the moment I started running until I received my well-earned medal.
Please support me by making a donation towards assisting children in need of plastic & reconstructive surgery.
Let's make a difference and put a Smile on a child's face.
- Apr 06, 2019 - R 118.24
- "You're my sepershero K. Go and have fun" - Luvuyo
- Aug 17, 2018 - R 210.00
- "good luck with this awesome project" - almayne
- Jun 11, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Well done Karen :) keep it up!" - Dan
- Jun 09, 2018 - R 349.59
- "all the best ' for the run tomorrow, my prayers are with you xxx" - Doreen
- Jun 05, 2018 - R 310.00
- "Well done my friend. Very proud of you" - Charlotte
- Jun 02, 2018 - USD $ 3.94
- "All the best Karen" - Anand
- May 18, 2018 - R 205.64
- "So proud of you my friend, you are an inspiration to us all! Keep smiling & always stay the phenomenal woman you are! xx" - Erika Barnard
- May 18, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Keep smiling " - Marius van Deventer
- Apr 13, 2018 - R 257.05
- "I've watched you evolve into an Iron legend Karen - go get your bling on Sunday" - Luvuyo Bangazi
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here