Karlos & Ivana's New Enclosure
- By: Panthera Africa NPC
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/karlos-ivanas-new-enclosure
If you haven’t met lion cubs Karlos and Ivana yet, let us do the honours ...
They were removed from a South African breeding farm by the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (NSPCA) after being found severely malnourished and unable to walk.
After they were put into the care of specialist vet Dr Peter Caldwell, their rehabilitation started in earnest. Months later, they were strong enough to make the journey to us here at Panthera Africa, where we’ll do everything possible to help them recover, body and soul.
Right now, the cubs are living in a temporary enclosure so we can monitor them closely. They still have difficulty walking, but step by step, they’re improving.
Of course, the cubs can’t stay in their small observation space forever, which is why we need your help to build them a brand new, special home – a safe, spacious place that’s fit for cubs who still have much growing and healing ahead.
Their poor start in life robbed them of so much. Please help us give them the space they need to run, explore and learn to be lions!
It will cost R67 (or $5) per square metre to build their new home – and at 6,000 square metres, we can’t do it without your support. That’s a total of R402,000.
Please donate what you can today – or if you’d prefer to donate per square metre, your kindness could translate into:
- R200 ($14) for 3 sq m
- R500 ($35) for 7.5 sq m
- R1000 ($70) for 15 sq m
- R2000 ($140) for 30 sq m
Whatever you can manage will be greatly appreciated. And if you know anyone who would want to donate Climbing Structure Platforms for the cubs (at R10 000) or their Night House (at R50 000) – please will you put them in touch?
To support us by creating your own BackaBuddy campaign, please sign up here. Type 'Panthera Africa NPC' under Charity Name.
With deep gratitude from us – and cubs Karlos and Ivana
Lizaene and Cathrine
Panthera Africa Founders
- Feb 17, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Thank you for everything you are doing for these amazing animals " - Lindi
- Feb 17, 2020 - USD $ 35.39
- "Good luck with this project and hope it doesn’t take too long to raise the money. " - Paul & Anthea
- Feb 17, 2020 - R 2 010.00
Be blessed" - Jj le Roux
- Feb 16, 2020 - USD $ 78.90
- "May Karlos and Ivana be well and happy!" - Didi Robins
- Feb 16, 2020 - R 3 084.60
- "I hope I see the enclosure next time." - Sanjeef
- Feb 15, 2020 - USD $ 134.57
- "All the best from Denmark and see you soon ?" - Lisbeth Vedsegaard
- Feb 15, 2020 - USD $ 4.95
- "Continue to grow & heal, beautiful babies." - Jacqueline Glyde
- Feb 14, 2020 - USD $ 35.43
- "Keep up the good work, and give Karlos & Ivana a hug." - Marleen & Jeroen
- Feb 14, 2020 - USD $ 34.32
- "For a happy future" - PatK
- Feb 14, 2020 - USD $ 14.17
- "All the best from Germany " - Michael
- Feb 14, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Two very brave and inspirational cubs that have a very special place in my heart. Keep fighting and improving Karlos and Ivana <3 " - Louise de Waal
- Feb 14, 2020 - USD $ 67.37
- "Your safe now Karlos and Ivana, Panthera loves you x" - Alison Rose-Quirie
- Feb 14, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Good luck in your new home little ones" - Vanessa Randon
- Feb 13, 2020 - R 1 142.33
- "May their lives be filled with true happiness, perfect health, joy, purpose, abundance and prosperity ! " - Cathrine Scharning Cornwall-Nyquist
Panthera Africa NPC
Panthera Africa is a true sanctuary for captive bred and rescued big cats, where they will be protected and prosper for the rest of their lives.
One of Panthera Africa’s main purposes is to be an educational platform where we create awareness about conditions big cats face in captivity, and how animal welfare and enrichment play a vital role in giving them the best captive life possible. We are a true sanctuary where no cub petting, breeding or trading takes place. We are a blue print of how a non-profit sanctuary, focusing on animal welfare, can become self-sufficient, and we aim to change breeding facilities into sustainable ethical projects.
To support us by creating your own BackaBuddy campaign, please sign up here.