Katherine's 94.7 Cycle Challenge 2018
- By: Katherine Burgess
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/katherines-947-cycle-challenge-2018
My name is Katherine, and I am a final year medical student at Wits university. As part of the Wits Students' Surgical Society team, I will be riding the 94.7 Cycle Challenge to raise funds and awareness for the Smile Foundation.
I have seen the amazing difference that this organization makes to little lives.
Smile Foundation is a South African non-governmental organisation with a comprehensive health care vision for children living with facial conditions. Smile Foundation together with the country’s Academic Hospitals work together to put the smile back onto children’s faces with corrective facial reconstructive surgery and treatments.
Please consider donating as much as you can spare, to help this organization bring a Smile to little faces :)
- Nov 12, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Very proud of you and your heart of gold Dr Cuz. Hope you have many smiles doing the race too! :) " - B&T
- Nov 12, 2018 - R 500.00
- "We are super proud of you Katherine, all the best.....God bless xx" - Steve & Pat
- Nov 12, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Cycling many miles for many SMILES. Proud of you Dr. Kat. " - Noel & Lana
- Nov 10, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Your Dad has made me smile so many times, and what you’re doing is amazing, congrats Dr" - Peter C
- Nov 10, 2018 - USD $ 36.59
- "As someone once said: "you go girl!!!". Very proud of you cuz! " - Jack
- Nov 10, 2018 - R 51.41
- "You're amazing! Love you lots, and I will hit the road with you next year xxx" - Secret admirer
- Nov 01, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Now this is a good reason to exercise, Kits! All the best :)" - Anonymous
- Nov 01, 2018 - R 510.00
- "So proud of you Katherine for caring and helping others! This world is blessed to have a beautiful doctor like you!" - Tracey Burgess
- Oct 31, 2018 - R 102.82
- "I cycled for Adopt-a-school foundation last year. It really is amazing doing it for a charity. Hope you have fun and enjoy the vibe." - Timothy
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here