Trying to get my son’s life back on track!
- By: Aneta Ruszkowska
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/kevin-ruszkowska
My son, Kevin, was always a kind hearted, loving and generous child. He was active in sport and achieved colors in soccer, gymnastics and table tennis. He is an avid artist and went to art school after finishing high school.
It was then that he lost interest in sports and dropped out of art school. He became aggressive, selfish & rude. We were fighting constantly and eventually, I decided he should go live with his Dad in Botswana. After a year in Botswana, he asked to come back as he wanted to work and go back to study.
He came back in November 2018 and shortly afterward secured a job and was due to start on 7 January 2019. I returned from visiting my mother on 9 January 2019 to find Kevin had not only not gone to work but he was delusional, paranoid and had apparently not slept in a week.
He was admitted to hospital immediately for a suspected drug overdose. It turns out he started taking drugs in his first year of University, hence the strange behavior.
Now, Kevin is in a one-year rehab program (Mighty Wings Rehab) and is very committed to it. The whole episode has not only been emotionally draining but also financially as he doesn’t have medical aid. Of course I spared no expense in getting him help but it has come at high price for me and I find myself drowning in debt now. It just happened out of the blue.
I want to help Kevin get back on his feet. He lost everything while he was on drugs. Now, he is showing a keen interest to find work and keeping busy. He wants to study again and is considering a short course in fitness.
I just want my son back, the one before the drugs! We obviously have a long road ahead of us...
Kevin has unfortunately relapsed and will be going to inpatient rehab (New Dawn)....will keep everyone updated.
*Funds will go directly to Kevin's psychiatrist, psychologist, Mighty Wings Rehab and his medication bill*
- Mar 18, 2019 - USD $ 100.01
- "We hope everything with Kevin works out well." - Oliver and Krisha
- Mar 15, 2019 - USD $ 36.17
- "Sending my love to Aneta and son, Kevin. Hope all goes well. Never give up. I am working with youth drug abusers and can understand how tough the battle is. " - Friend from Singapore
- Mar 14, 2019 - USD $ 72.98
- "All the best and stay focused!" - M...
- Mar 12, 2019 - USD $ 73.38
- "You’ve got this!!" - Rob
- Mar 12, 2019 - USD $ 105.20
- "I hope you get your son back. Wish you both well" - Jessie Jayco
- Mar 12, 2019 - USD $ 104.62
- "Kevin and Mom Aneta we pray that this bad will come to a close and Kevin leads a fulfilling life with a great future in society!!" - Caitlin Rose James
- Mar 12, 2019 - USD $ 146.74
- "You got this Kevin.... we are all behind you" - Nicolai .
- Mar 11, 2019 - USD $ 69.28
- "Stay strong!" - Anonymous