Lambano Sanctuary Fundraiser
- By: Lambano Sanctuary
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/lambano-fundraiser
- Date Created: 18 June 2021
R 21 354
R 3 000 000
Lambano intends to build a Private/Public 30-Bed Children’s Sub-Acute Facility, in Kensington, Johannesburg, which will be the first of its kind in South Africa, there will therefore be a demand for our services.
Lambano Sanctuary is seeking financial assistance to remain open until the above facility can be built. Our challenges are to fund our current facilities until our sustainability plan is realised.
This new facility will become our sustainability programme, to take in private patients to offset the costs of public patients.
Every child should live at home, but when a child has complex medical or physical needs the parents require adequate time and training to care for them long term at home.
The Sub-Acute will be a stepping-stone for the patient and the family, who after discharge from Hospital, will be admitted to the facility for further care and training.
The parents or the caregiver of the child will be given on-site training on how to care for the patient long-term at home, after discharge from this facility.
Reaching our target will mean that we can become more sustainable and a bedrock for longevity for all our projects and we can continue looking after children with life-limiting and life-threatening illness/injury.
- Oct 22, 2023 - R 1 500.00 Fees covered
- "A unforgettable celebration ! Well done Claire, and wishing you many happy years in your new home" - Anonymous
- Oct 02, 2023 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "Claire's 60th" - Nikki Scrimgeour
- Oct 01, 2023 - R 500.00 Fees covered
- "Good luck with the fundraising - this for one of your biggest star supporters - Claire@60!!!" - Anonymous
- Sep 30, 2023 - R 500.00 Fees covered
- "" - Anonymous
- Sep 30, 2023 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "Best Wishes Claire" - Tiziana Giuricich
- Sep 30, 2023 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "Claire Ellis birthday celebration 🥳 happy birthday friend!!!" - Clodagh
- Sep 28, 2023 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "Claire Ellis 60th Celebration" - Tracey
- Jan 23, 2022 - USD $ 105.04 Fees covered
- "Sophia and Vengal's Wedding " - Angelo & Helen
- Nov 23, 2021 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "A charity that has touch my heart and that I am proud to give a donation to- Vengal and Sophia 20/11/2021" - Michelle Rohana
- Nov 22, 2021 - R 2 000.00 Fees covered
- "." - Sophia & Vengal (wedding gift from Dario & Asha)
- Nov 15, 2021 - R 1 500.00
- "For Sophia and Vengal - from Arushka , Sen &Ben and family" - Arushka
- Nov 14, 2021 - USD $ 121.09 Fees covered
- "Sophia and Vengal’s wedding " - Kirsten&Jacko
- Nov 11, 2021 - R 1 500.00 Fees covered
- "Sophia & Vengal‘s Wedding" - Nabreska
- Nov 11, 2021 - R 2 000.00
- "For Sophia and Vengal’s wedding gift " - Liana Volkwyn
- Nov 08, 2021 - USD $ 182.10 Fees covered
- "For Sophia and Vengals Wedding Gift on November 20th, 2021" - Dina and Hartmut Tulaszewski
- Jun 22, 2021 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "It's a privilege to support an organisation that puts the lives and needs of these children first. God bless you." - Anonymous
Lambano Sanctuary (NGO: 014-535) was established in 2001, in response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic and more specifically its impact on children in South Africa. Today Lambano Sanctuary cares for all children who suffer from life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses.
Lambano's Current Projects:
Lambano has 4 Homes permanently caring for 28 HIV positive children between the ages of 14 and 22. All these children have been on ARV Medication since they arrived at St John Lambano from 2001 to 2003. Two of them are employed and the rest are attending various schools and colleges.
16-Bed Children’s Medical Step-Down Facility/Hospice
We offer 24 hour holistic medical step-down care for children and adolescents, who have been in hospital and now require further short-term medical & supportive care. We provide training for parents and caregivers, enabling them to care for their children's medical needs at home after being discharged from our facility.
We provide support in the patient's home environment via consultative services.