- By: Olivia Krok
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/letsbuildmasibulele
Do you believe that we cross paths with certain people for certain reasons?
Hi my name is Olivia, I live in Cape Town South Africa. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to give back to this crazy and beautiful world.
I was casually walking in a park one day when I approached Patricia, she was there with her school Masibulele Educare Centre. Being interested in early childhood development I gave her my number as I hoped one day to work with kids. Weeks past and Patricia took the initiative and called me.
As I walked into Masibulele I felt a connection, I could see they were trying their best but the building was in really bad condition. I realized even if they had educational materials but not a safe space to learn, it would not allow these children to learn effectively.
And so the journey began, one day at time, trying to figure out the rules, regulations and the right team to be part of this project, to rebuild Masibulele Educare Centre. We have partnered with organisations such as Unthando and Ikamva Labuntu whom have worked in the communities for many years.
Masibulele Educare Centre has been open since 1995. It started with 3 children and now there are 140 children in a double-story shack. Funding has been withheld, as the structure does not meet minimum requirements. Therefore our sustainable solution is to rebuild Masibulele so they regain funding and continue to provide these children with love, education and guidance.
Our goal to raise 1.5 Million, which will be used to build a safe and environmentally friendly structure which will not only provide a space for the teachers and children to grow but a place which will motivate others to keep dreaming and keep striving for success.
Together we can create positive change!
- Sep 27, 2018 - R 108.00
- "SnapScan" - Jason Hack
- Sep 26, 2018 - R 110.00
- "All the best for this great project!" - Reviva Hasson
- Sep 25, 2018 - R 50.00
- "SnapScan" - Anonymous
- Sep 24, 2018 - USD $ 73.23
- "Best of luck to you all on this amazing project " - Kami
- Sep 23, 2018 - R 1 480.61
- "#LetsBuildMasibulele" - Anonymous
- Sep 22, 2018 - R 51.41
- "One step closer to creating a better environment for those kids <3" - Anonymous
- Sep 20, 2018 - R 500.00
- "This is an incredible initiative. " - Anonymous
- Sep 19, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Well done a wonderful project " - Janine
- Sep 19, 2018 - R 150.00
- "SnapScan" - Andrea Golding
- Sep 18, 2018 - R 308.46
- "Lets keep raising!!! #LetsBuildMasibulele" - Daniel Navarro
- Sep 18, 2018 - R 185.08
- "Incredible initiative, goodluck " - Anonymous
- Sep 18, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Truly an incredible project. " - Demi Sher
- Sep 18, 2018 - R 205.64
- "It looks like an amazing place! " - Anonymous
- Sep 13, 2018 - USD $ 77.85
- "Amazing work. Education is key to progress." - Vin
- Jul 23, 2018 - R 514.10
- "These children deserve so much more x" - Rebecca
- Jul 18, 2018 - R 100.00
- "Well done for what you are doing for these children. I hope that you reach your target to rebuild this school for these precious little children :)" - Shenaye
- Jul 17, 2018 - R 180.00
- "SnapScan" - Jessica Kaplan
- Jun 28, 2018 - R 180.00
- "SnapScan" - Nicole Smith
- Jun 28, 2018 - R 250.00
- "SnapScan" - Ashlee Bernic
- Jun 28, 2018 - R 180.00
- "SnapScan" - Lara Berman
- Jun 28, 2018 - R 100.00
- "SnapScan" - Dena Samson
- Jun 28, 2018 - R 20.00
- "SnapScan" - Rachel Esra
- May 25, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "I hope the fund raising goes well" - Craig
Donations to dateR 1 050 570.73
Fundraising targetR 1 500 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 1 042 450.00 Donate
Masibulele Educare Centre
Masibulele (a Isixhosa word that means ‘thank you’) was opened in 1995, it is an early childhood development centre , there are now 140 children in a double story-shack.
Masibulele Educare Centre is a school deemed structurally unsafe for its children yet remains a vital and necessary place for its students and the community.
Our goal to raise funds to rebuild the structure and create a safe space for the children.
To set up your own fundraising page for Masibulele Educare Centre click here