Lionel's Ironman for the Smile Foundation
- By: Lionel Kroon
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/lionels-ironman-for-the-smile-foundation
Doing an Ironman is a dream come true for me . I have been a spectator to the PE ironman for many years, but always had a fear of swimming in the sea so I thought I would never be able to compete in one . Last year I went for lessons and conquered my fear. I am doing Ironman because my friend Robyn Dougans is doing it . If she can do it so can I."
I'm honoured to be part of the The Smile Foundation Ironman Team. And we have a joint goal - to raise funds for this incredible organisation. To change the lives of children with facial conditions and to help them realise their dreams through much needed free facial reconstructive surgery.
Please help us in some way, by means of a donation, change a child's life.
Thank you for all your support throughout my Ironman journey – it’s kept me going. And thank you for your donation to The Smile Foundation.
You can track my progress on the 6th April 2014 via: www.ironmanlive.com<http://www.ironmanlive.com>
- Apr 01, 2014 - R 350.00
- "We hope u have a great race & enjoy the day!! Hope u fly through the swim!! We will see you on route!" - Wayne and Ingrid Brown
- Apr 01, 2014 - R 200.00
- "wonderful cause! we are watching you all the way xx" - shane and hil
- Apr 01, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Jolly proud of you Lionel " - Juliet Keevil/Harris
- Mar 31, 2014 - R 200.00
- "I know you will make it." - Ronelle
- Mar 20, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Good much Lionel, great cause! " - Charlotte Retief
- Mar 18, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Smile Foundation auction at BSB" - Lionel
- Mar 04, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Good luck to me hope I get better in time !" - Me
- Feb 27, 2014 - R 200.00
- "good luck Lionel!" - Nick
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.