Lisa's Two Oceans Half Marathon for Mamelani Projects 2020
- By: Lisa Brunton
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/lisas-two-oceans-half-marathon-for-mamela
I will be running the 2020 Two Oceans Half Marathon to raise funds for Mamelani Projects - an established, registered NPO with 2 flagship programmes - a Youth Development Programme and a Community Health Programme.
Mamelani's Youth Development Programme supports young people who have grown up in state care (Child and Youth Care Centres and former Children's homes) and who, on turning 18, are forced to move on from the system. This transition is extremely difficult to navigate without adequate support. Mamelani's Programme ensures that these young people do not fall through the cracks at this critical time and ensures that they are emotionally and practically prepared for the next chapter of their lives. The support Mamelani provides focuses on resilience-building activities, support for further education, and the opportunity to start a paid internship which initiates them into the world of remunerative work.
Mamelani's Community Health Programme nurtures resilience and contributes to community health through a range of activities. The Wellness Workshops offer safe spaces for learning about health and wellbeing. The Community Champions Programme supports grassroots leaders and the Community Adherence Clubs provide community-based care to HIV positive patients by facilitating access to treatment, effectively lowering the pressure on the public health system. The Grandmothers' Network supports a group of active grandmothers who are leading change and supporting others in their communities.
I have walked (run) a long road with Mamelani Projects as chairperson of the board. I believe in the work Mamelani does, have witnessed the profound impact it has on people's lives, and regard it as the ultimate privilege to show my support in this way.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R90 000 for Mamelani Projects as it continues the invaluable work it does in our local communities!
- Mar 18, 2020 - R 20 000.00
Good Luck Lisa!" - Ziduli Capital (Pty) Limited - Z Mkumla
- Mar 11, 2020 - R 1 000.00
Lisa Brunton’s 2020 Two Oceans Half Marathon fundraising run for Mamelani Projects" - Paul Katzeff
- Mar 10, 2020 - R 525.00
- "All the best with the run. See you out on the road." - Andrew Cawdry
- Mar 06, 2020 - R 62 012.00
Once again, good luck Lisa!" - The Simacel Black Women's Community Trust
- Feb 27, 2020 - R 20 564.00
- "Break 2 hours " - Jed Borrill
- Feb 21, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Your'e a great Inspiration ,Well done Lisa " - Alino Wood Furniture
- Feb 20, 2020 - USD $ 33.45
- "Good luck!! " - Stijn
- Feb 17, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Well done Lisa!" - Sue C
- Feb 10, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Good Luck!" - Anonymous
- Feb 05, 2020 - R 350.00
Good Luck!" - Esme
- Feb 03, 2020 - R 102.82
- "Good luck Lisa!" - Coxson
- Jan 31, 2020 - USD $ 35.66
- "Love&Peace&Light" - Anne-Lise
- Jan 31, 2020 - USD $ 105.20
- "There is no need to come first. Having said that, neither should you come last " - Antony
- Jan 31, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Do it for both of us Lees xx mwah" - Samantha Bradley
- Jan 31, 2020 - R 514.10
- "Give it line Lis!" - Roc
- Jan 31, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Go Lisa!" - Nadia Fredericks
- Jan 30, 2020 - USD $ 212.01
- "Good luck with the race Lisa! XO" - Brian & Lisa Aronson
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here