The baby with half a heart
- By: John George Cloete
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/little-decklin
Hi we are George and Jessica Cloete from Bethlehem Free State and we are trying to raise funds for our unborn Son who has been diagnosed with HLHS, which means he only has half a heart.
My wife recently fell pregnant with our third child, and we were absolutely ecstatic about it. All was in order until my wife went for a check-up at the gynecologist at 27 weeks into her pregnancy. The gynecologist had found that our little baby boy has an abnormal heart.
This came as a big shock to us as both our families don’t have any heart-related generation problems. We were referred to specialists and it was confirmed that our baby boy will be born with half a heart.
Little Decklin was diagnosed with Hypo plastic Left Heart Syndrome, which is the medical term for only having the right chambers developed within your heart.
The left chambers that Decklin does not have are needed to pump blood to the body through the aorta. Without the right side of his heart he will according to medical history not live for longer than 4 weeks until his body starts to shut down.
We are absolutely out of words how our reality has changed within a matter of weeks.
Our little baby boy will be born on the 14th of October 2019 and needs a total of 3 open-heart surgeries to live a normal life, with the first and biggest heart surgery happening only 4 days after he comes into our world.
The operation on Decklin’s little heart will be covered by the medical aid, but the birth will not be covered.
We are hoping to raise funds in assistance to the medical bill for the hospital bed for birth as my wife has no choice but to give birth in that specific hospital under the circumstances that it is a high-risk birth, the obstetrician that will deliver Decklin, travelling to and from the hospital, as we stay in Bethlehem 290km away from the hospital, accommodation for us when travelling to Johannesburg and aftercare and food.
The following is a set up of all expenses that need to be covered:
Birth of Decklin – R32000.00
This will cover the hospital bed in the hospital
Obstetrician - R18000.00
This is the delivery costs of the day of birth
Transport costs – R8000.00
This will cover our transport costs to and from JHB, as we stay 290km away from the , so will have to travel to my wife and Decklin
Accommodation - R26000.00
Decklin will be in Paediatric ICU for 4 consecutive weeks and accommodation will be needed for my wife and I while he still needs breastmilk.
Aftercare - R3000.00
This will be used for any special needs that Decklin might need as he gets discharged from ICU.
General (Foods) – R2500.00
This is to assist my wife while she is in JHB with food and some stuff to drink while in and out of the hospital for 4 weeks.
The funds will help us immensely with to make sure our baby boy has a great chance at life and has all the care he needs while going through this painful time and assisting us to be able to make it happen.
All funds will be recognized and will be administrated by both Parents through a savings account for baby Decklin.
For any questions, concerns or even prayers feel free to contact us
George and Jessica Cloete
- Oct 02, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Baie sterkte julle! " - Berno
- Sep 29, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Bid vir mamma en baba, en julle as gesin" - Esna
- Sep 28, 2019 - USD $ 65.96
- "Hou aan veg en moenie moed opgee nie" - Ross
- Sep 23, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Ons bid vir julle" - Anonymous
- Sep 23, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Als sal uitwerk soos wat God dit wil he. " - Niel
- Sep 18, 2019 - USD $ 67.79
- "Hope everything goes well " - Quinten
- Sep 17, 2019 - R 1 233.84
- "Thanks guys " - Various Friends
- Sep 16, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "God will put his hands on your whole family and all of you will get through this. " - Marette
- Sep 15, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Ons hou julle in ons gebede, sterkte" - Anonymous
- Sep 15, 2019 - R 616.92
- "We are praying for you " - Sam and Rick
- Sep 15, 2019 - USD $ 13.72
- "Bid vir julle en dat alles goed sal gaan xx" - Tanja
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 1 131.02
- "God bless little Decklin" - Anonymous
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Sterkte julle!" - Anonymoud
- Sep 12, 2019 - USD $ 67.87
- "Lots of love from America" - Jani & Atticus
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Wens kon meer,sterkte vir julle as gesin!Bid geneesing oor Baba!" - Maryké
- Sep 12, 2019 - USD $ 6.84
- "I will pray for your little boy as this is worth more than money" - Linne
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thinking of you all!" - Anonymous
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Bid vir julle xxx" - Anonymous
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Sterkte julle. Ons hou julle in ons gebede" - LC & Maretha
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Every little bit helps. Praying for you and your unborn son. " - Michelle and Russell
- Sep 12, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Its done Bro. In Jesus name!" - FC
- Sep 11, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Baie sterkte" - Dirkie en Mieke Visagie
- Sep 11, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Mathew 11:28 He is the awnser!! " - Maurice
- Sep 11, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "Bid vir julle ?" - Vallerie en Jacques Windt
- Sep 11, 2019 - R 514.10
- "a small amount but hopefully it helps" - Kiff Family