Lives lost & another damaged in tragic JHB accident
- By: Samantha Parrish
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/little-lives-lost-damaged-in-tragic-jhb
A tragic story about 2 lives lost and another little life left hanging in the balance, leaving their families battling to cope.
On the night of Wednesday 24th October, there was a horrific accident outside Dainfern Square, on William Nicol Drive. A woman was walking with two young children, seven-year-old Thandolwethu and five-year-old Lebo. The two kids are friends as their dad's work together. They had all been to the shops to select a birthday gift for Thandolwethu who was turning 7 at the end of the month. They dashed across the road in a dark area beyond Dainfern Square and were all hit by a taxi. The woman and little Thandolwethu were killed instantly and little Lebo survived but sustained major injuries to his face and head.
Thandolwethu’s father was walking along William Nicol from his place of work to meet them all, completely unaware that the accident that had taken place - only to arrive at the scene and witness the aftermath of the accident. He found his little girl dead in the middle of the road.
Currently, Lebo’s father is going through an incredibly stressful and emotionally-draining time and visiting him every day, which puts a big strain on the family financially too.
At the time of writing this, it is not known how bad Lebo’s brain injuries are as he is still sedated, and his condition is still critical. His facial injuries are extremely bad. He is currently in a private hospital near Alexandra Township.
Both families are going through hell right now, emotionally and financially. We'd like to set up a fund to assist them with the below:
- Trauma counselling sessions
- Medical care if and when Lebo is released from hospital
- Rent, grocery etc. money to take the pressure off and let both families breath a little in their time of need
- Money for Thanolwethu's funeral
- Nov 28, 2018 - USD $ 210.40
- "This is a gift to honor a special Dad on his birthday from his kids. We send love, hope and healing to this family." - Pollard Family
- Nov 27, 2018 - USD $ 75.59
- "Wishing you strength through this difficult time." - Mark & Pam Immerman
- Nov 20, 2018 - R 360.00
- "may you all be blessed with comfort" - DANA
- Nov 20, 2018 - R 514.10
- "sending love and strength" - jenifer steyn
- Nov 16, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Sincerest condolences, may the Lord comfort and hold you and your family in his care. " - Anonymous
- Nov 16, 2018 - R 500.00
- "God bless " - Anon
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 514.10
- "May you find peace during this very tough time." - Anonymous
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Sending you all love and strength xx" - Bianca
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 1 015.00
- "GOD be with you during this time and help you day by day." - Anonymous
- Nov 14, 2018 - USD $ 14.56
- "God bless xxx " - Suzi K
- Nov 13, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Wishing the boy a speedy recovery and strength and prayers for both families in this difficult time " - Anon
- Nov 13, 2018 - R 507.50
- "Strength and love to all" - Anon
- Nov 13, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Strength prayers and hope" - Liz
- Nov 13, 2018 - USD $ 14.53
- "Keep strong." - Mandy
- Nov 13, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Sending love" - DF
- Nov 13, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Heartfelt condolences for the lives lost and may this little child recover to lead a full life." - D Greybe
- Nov 13, 2018 - USD $ 50.00
- "God bless you" - Alli Iversen
The Angel Network
The Angel Network is a voluntary organization, run solely via the power of social media. We are a registered NPO (181-947NPO). Our goal is to create a gateway for giving. A platform from which helping the helpless will become easily accessible to anyone wanting to do a little more, and give a little more. The Angel Network enables, facilitates and mobilises acts of kindness.