- By: Holger Lorentz
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/lorentz-family
At the beginning of 2017 Holger and Kay took in four precious children with very traumatic backgrounds and long term medical and therapeutic needs. This was only possible because they joined hands with an organisation that promised ongoing help with housing, schooling, and medical and therapeutic care. This lasted for two years.
Mainly because of funding issues, the family of 8 had to move to a big house close to the school and became responsible for all the many needs, since giving back the kids was never an option. They signed the lease to the house because they knew they were about to receive major funding. The funding came, but it was only half of what they expected. Five of the children are at the same private school, because most of the foster children would not have coped at big government schools, plus the schools in the area were not willing or able to accommodate them even. Their oldest son is about to write Matric. All savings are gone and all credit is maxed out.
A lot of people have come alongside, but it has become impossible to keep up with all the payments. Would you consider helping the Lorentz family finish this year where they are at and help them transition to a cheaper house and schooling at the beginning of next year when the current lease expires? This would also help finalising the adoptions for the youngest ones and getting parental rights for the other two.
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 600.00
- "Sending love" - Thomson
- Sep 14, 2019 - USD $ 105.56
- "Love your heart for the children. Prayers for total provision for every need." - Beth Walker
- Sep 03, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Keep Shining. " - Kim
- Sep 03, 2019 - USD $ 34.53
- "Dankie vir wat julle doen!! " - Corne van Heerden
- Sep 02, 2019 - R 205.64
- "You guys are amazing and we love you. " - Anon
- Aug 31, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Kay you are an inspiration. It is a privilege to support you" - Friend
- Aug 30, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Kay and Holger, your family is very close to my heart and I love you all dearly. Praying for you beautiful friend." - Anon
- Aug 30, 2019 - USD $ 68.82
- "You are doing a great job. God bless" - Bregtje Bethlehem
- Aug 29, 2019 - R 411.28
- "Inspiring family. Praying for you. May the Lord open the heavens and pour his favour and blessings on you." - Anon
- Aug 29, 2019 - USD $ 22.06
- "Kay, you inspired me in many ways. I learned so much from you. Hete something little to get you a bit closer to the big amount...Xx" - Anonymous
Lorentz Family Foster Cause
Holger and Kay Lorentz have been working with and for children in need since returning to South Africa in 2000. They have started two NPOs, Resilient Kids SA and MercyAIDS. In 2016 they decided as a family to give a home to foster children with no chance of reunification. At the beginning of 2017 they took in four precious children with very traumatic backgrounds and long term medical and therapeutic needs.