Loris fight against Leukemia
- By: Darren Frith
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/loris-fight-against-leukemia
My wife, Lori is fighting the brave battle against APL leukemia. On the 22 May she will return to hospital for another 4 weeks for the second round of her chemo. This is too continue for the next 3 to 4 months until she has had her complete course of 4 cycles of chemotherapy.
Firstly, we would like to thank everyone for their donations. Without it we would have been in alot of trouble.
As you know, Lori had a entry level medical aid/insurance and we were informed by Keyhealth that her package wont cover the treatment plan the doctors prescribed. Typically for this type of leukemia the costs for treatment can run upto 2,5 million rand. They recommended that we upgrade from the plan we were on to the top plan. So we had to remove the girls from the medical aid and upgrade Lori’s medical aid. Unfortunately that took the monthly premium from R3279 (for Lori and the girls) to R8112 (for Lori alone). With the money we got from back a buddy we had enough to upgrade and pay a few months ahead.
Now the struggle starts again to collect enough money for the following months in order to keep Lori on the medical aid.
I have been fortunate enough to find a short contract that will definitely help a bit with the ongoing household expenses for which I have left on the 17 May. Unfortunately though, our financial position has taken a serious knock and we now need to return to back a buddy to help us again.
As you know we have 2 beautiful girls at home that need funds for day to day expensive and electricity etc. We also have a pharmacy bill of over R7000 that the medical aid wont cover. With Lori been in isolation in Pretoria East hospital, we also have the expnses of travel to and from with trying to get the girls to visit when ever possible.
If anybody can help Lori with data that she can stay in contact with her parents and kids next week it will also be appreciated. Her number 0767983048 (Vodacom).
If you can help us with a donation it will be greatly appreciated and we will definitely pay it forward in a way.
Thank you again for all your help, calls, prayers and donations, no matter how big or small everything has helped so far, from the toiletries to the donations at back a buddy, everything is welcome and appreciated by Lori, the girls and by me.
Darren & Lori
Please note - This campaign is Backabuddy administered which means Keyhealth and other providers will be paid directly.
- May 19, 2019 - USD $ 72.84
- "Hi Darren. We studied together. I remember you as a true gentleman and I am sorry that you are facing difficulty now. All the best to your wife on a speedy recovery into remission and also your family" - Carike
- May 19, 2019 - USD $ 509.91
- "Hi Darren and Lori, never had the pleasure of meeting you, but please let me help with that pharmacy bill" - Eddie Callachan
- May 19, 2019 - USD $ 54.63
- "You’re a fighter Laurie????" - Anna
- May 19, 2019 - R 1 542.30
- "Prayers" - Charles
- May 18, 2019 - USD $ 173.11
- "Keep going Darren. " - Lynda Tozer
- Apr 27, 2019 - USD $ 67.94
- "Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys." - Stagg
- Apr 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Please get well my friend. Xxxx" - Chantal
- Apr 26, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "You and your family in our prayers Darren. God Bless." - Prince Hlongwane
- Apr 26, 2019 - USD $ 40.67
- "Hi Darren and Lori, you and your family are in our thoughts. Maurizio "Gogga"" - Maurizio "Gogga"
- Apr 26, 2019 - USD $ 145.89
- "All the best wishes!" - Erik
- Apr 26, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best to you and Loris." - Kim
- Apr 26, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Best wishes buddy . Stay strong ???????? " - Brennon
- Apr 26, 2019 - USD $ 67.48
- "Thinking of you and the family, Darren. " - Ashley Cole
- Apr 26, 2019 - USD $ 21.88
- "Wishing you the very best and thinking of you x" - Pea
- Apr 26, 2019 - USD $ 346.71
- "Sterkte vir jou en jou gesin Lori." - Anonymous
- Apr 25, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Darren your family is in our thoughts and prayers. " - Andrew Dekiewit
- Apr 25, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Baie sterkte en liefde vir julle hele gesin! " - Jandré
- Apr 25, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Praying for you " - Lyn Temlett
- Apr 24, 2019 - USD $ 70.09
- "All the best" - Craig
- Apr 24, 2019 - USD $ 141.82
- "Darren with my fondest love and thoughts to you all " - Lynda Tozer
- Apr 24, 2019 - R 200.00
- "A friend of Alida is a friend of mine. We pray for you all" - Nelia
- Apr 23, 2019 - USD $ 74.30
- "You are all in my thoughts and prayers. " - Nadine du Plessis
- Apr 23, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Thinking of you guys! Pom " - Ian Jackson
- Apr 23, 2019 - R 1 850.21
- "Hi Darren and Lori. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers." - Bradley Crawford
- Apr 23, 2019 - R 102.82
- "U are all in our prayers! Get well soon Lori!" - Anonymous
- Apr 23, 2019 - USD $ 106.34
- "Lori, we will never forget your kindness. Lots of love to your girls in this time, we wish you all much strength! Xxxx" - - Karen, Shoam and Naama
- Apr 23, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Baie sterkte vir jul as gesin." - Niki
- Apr 23, 2019 - USD $ 101.05
- "Thinking of you guys and wishing you a speedy recovery" - Greg Mortimer
- Apr 23, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Good luck, and strongs. You and the girls are in my thoughts. Can't give much, but I hope it helps at least a little bit." - Anonymous