FLIGHT TICKETS FOR INDIA TOUR
- By: Lungile Ikaneng
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/lungile-ikaneng
My name is Lungile Ikaneng. I stay in Howick, KZN. I am a director of a stage play called "Sick Leave And The Blanket Dance" which I also produce.
I am a BA DRAMA graduate of the University of KwaZulu Natal and have in the past 3 years I worked as a stage play producer. Plays include "Be a better dog" and "Ubuntu Nest: The Musical Trilogy". These plays performed at various stages including Golden Horse Casino, Wits Theatre, Hexagon Theatre, Wuswhini Pan African Arts Centre and Gcina Mhlophe Studio Theatre. I have also produced 3 films namely Ubuntu and Anger, Kitchen Girl and Vuka Lova. I am also a freelance book editor and publisher whereby I assist aspiring writers to publish their books. I am passionate about growing South African stories. My mission is to reach out to new audiences and make partnerships that will allow our stories to shine on international stages. I am also involved in various development projects for young artists. I am the Managing Editor for Young Authors Book Initiative (YABI) which is an initiative to get young people writing stories. The YABI CLASS OF 2018/19 book will be launched at the prestigious MIDLANDS LITERARY FESTIVAL 2019 in August.
I am fundraising for flight tickets to go to India for my production, Sick Leave And The Blanket Dance. We have received an Invitation from Kochi, India to perform the show and to build networks between South African and Indian artists. We are inspired by great South African theatre shows and musicians who have made it overseas.
Our host, Lokadharmi Theatre, is giving us accommodation, performance and workshop venues, logistics and all hospitality once we get to India. We are required to raise funds for ticket fare.
We are a crew of three people. I travel with the actor/writer and a production assistant. The funds will all be used to buy return tickets for the 3 crew members, director, actor, and production assistant.
The funds will allow us to go to India and to start valuable networks for future projects. We are going to lay foundations for collaborations that will involve more people, giving artists from our country an opportunity. We are also going to encourage India based film productions and artists to consider South Africa as a location for their projects.
We are appointing a travel agency to process our flight bookings. The funds raised will go directly to the travel agency.
Find us on Facebook: Sick Leave and The Blanket Dance
- Jul 25, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "PostNet Howick wishes you a safe journey and well done for all the work that you are doing." - PostNet Howick
- Jul 25, 2019 - R 250.00
- "Wishing you all the best on this trip. Hoping that you strengthen the ties between SA and India" - Veena, Rachel,Fezeka,Sma and Natalie
- Jul 23, 2019 - R 205.64
- "You are an inspiration to all the youth of South Africa. Go spread your wings!" - SanMor Travel and Tours
- Jul 22, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Proud of you Cuba....you will always have our support. Love Nasreen" - Mzansi Accountants
- Jul 12, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Committed Artist. You have done a lot for South African artists." - Thabiso Kitso
- Jul 02, 2019 - R 110.00
- "We are proud of you!!!" - Kea Mmolutsi
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 51.41
- "India meets Africa is a great initiative.This is a beginning of great things. Please support!!!!" - Aslam Alladin
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best guys. South Africa is proud to have ambassadors like you. Make us proud as you always do. " - Hlengiwe Ntombela