Madswimmer 24h swim
- By: Andrew Johnson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/madswimmer-24h-swim2016-qopjtm
Who am I?
- I'm married to Tracey (my best friend).
- We have two sons Max (13) & Zach (10).
- I've enjoyed competitive swimming (gala & openwater events) since I was nine years old.
My swimming highlights?
- Freedom Swim 2011 - Around the Rocks
- Robben Island 2014
Why am I taking part in the solo 24hr event?
- Its an adventure in my own backyard.
- I want to see how far I can push myself.
What's my aim?
- To complete the full 24 hours.
- To raise some money for those less fortunate than myself.
Why should you donate to the thelonelyroad.org?
- Giving to orphaned and vlnerable children will make you feel good!
- Jan 24, 2016 - USD $ 30.36
- "Well done!" - Jeanine Clarkson
- Jan 22, 2016 - USD $ 60.55
- "Well done, big guy!" - El
- Jan 22, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Because you got to - mister." - Harry and Tracy
- Jan 21, 2016 - USD $ 42.78
- "Thanks for doing this Andrew wishing you all the best and a lovely swim" - Rodney&Ebeline;
- Jan 21, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck brother, see you on the other side." - Colin
- Jan 18, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "Give it horns Andy!" - Dee & Bill Blackie
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.