MAdswimmer 24hr swim
- By: Sarah Ferguson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/madswimmer-24hr-swim
This 24hr swim is organised by the MAD swimmers (www.madswimmer.com) A group of swimmers who are passionate about doing extreme and crazy swims for a bigger cause.
I am doing this swim as preparation for my Hawaii channel crossing in 2017 and hope to get some good mileage and time in the water as preparation. Testing my own boundaries and learning to swim at night.
All my swims are done for a good cause and for this swim, we have selected the Lonely Road foundation as our charity. If you would like to support this incredible organisation please sponsor me per hour, km or a once off donation.
My primary goal is to come away injury free, secondary to that I woul dlike to spend at least 12 hours in the water. This will be an excellent indication of where I am at for the Kawii channel next year.
- Jan 26, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Such a legend" - Anton Stobbs
- Jan 21, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Just. Don't. Stop. Easy. :)" - The Pom
- Jan 18, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Got your back Bud !" - Judy
- Jan 18, 2016 - R 200.00
- "You're doing something incredible! Blessings and strength. " - Helga Lister
- Jan 12, 2016 - USD $ 11.86
- "Good luck Sarah!" - Jared
- Jan 12, 2016 - R 120.00
- "Challenge is your friend!" - Rentia
- Jan 12, 2016 - USD $ 52.44
- "Good Luck! Love from California!" - Diana Westberg
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.