Make A Difference; making adventures make a diffrence
- By: Anyone who wants to go on an adventure!
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/make-a-difference-year-30
In this world, it is simple I want to Make A Difference. I have always had a passion and drive for the goodness that is part of our world and I would like to dedicate all my adventures, my races, the victories (and my losses) to being part of the good! Every little bit does count. By contributing R30 000 towards The Smile Foundation.
Things I have done and things that I am going to donever ends, I choose to explore the world and country we live in as much as possible on foot or by bikebecause it is what makes me smile.
some of the adventures I have done have been solo but I am surround by family and friends that means I am never alone on them.
12 hours (of awesomeness) ENDURANCE CHALLENGE, hosted by Wild Trail events at Rosemary Hill: We placed first mixed team and covered a total distance of over 100km between Paul and myself.
THE TRANSKEI TUFF: getting to meet and be a part of the Lunar Chicks (all girls) team and racing with them in the beautiful Transkei. This events covers over 150km's with a combination of trail running, mountain biking, kayaking, orienteering, kloofing and possibly even snorkelling...
JHB TO CT CYCLE TOUR: A group of 4 (potentially crazy) couples along with a support vehicle are attempting a 14 day mountain biking adventure tour through parts of this beautiful country (some towns I have never heard of even) we call home! Daily distances range from 60km's to 181km's and we are sure to be in for all the good times and all the laughs that will come with such a feat.
taking on The Otter Trail in was a big head space change for me, I had gone though a rough patch, everyone gets them and not only did Otter help me have a goal to workk for it took me the most beautful trail in Sounth Africa where I outran my expectations, smiled the whole way and the human asked me to marry him at the end. It is events likethis that make everyearly morning count and even more why I will keeppushing to raise funds for children to beable to smile from ear to ear and enjoy this beaitiful like we should all get.
- Mar 12, 2018 - R 411.28
- "Sorry I couldn't make it to your bachelorette. Wishing you and Paul tons of happiness, so looking forward to celebrating with you on the 7th. Lots of Love Claire" - Claire Truter
- Mar 10, 2018 - R 359.87
- "Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I wish you many years of love, happiness and more crazy adventures. I cannot wait to share your special day xxx" - Nadia Cooke
- Mar 10, 2018 - R 359.87
- "For the bride to be, happy bachelorette xx Lots of Love on this special day !" - Paige
- Mar 10, 2018 - R 411.28
- "Happy Bachelorettes Claudia. Have an amazing day" - Vicki and Jane
- Dec 10, 2016 - R 154.23
- "Secret santa" - Rob Barker
- Aug 24, 2016 - R 411.28
- "Wishing you the happiest 30th year - filled with many more of your insanely crazy adventures xxxxx" - Nadia Bacchini
- Aug 12, 2016 - R 514.10
- "Happy 30th Birthday Claudz! You are an inspiration. May your 30th year inspire others to follow your passion for adventure!" - Laurian & Derek McGonigal
- May 24, 2016 - R 1 028.20
- "Who knew you'd be such an inspiration!" - Iain Gibson
- Mar 24, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Good luck, great thing you doing" - Eva Noble
- Mar 24, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Good Luck Claudz!! Enjoy every minute of it!! " - Claire Truter
- Mar 23, 2016 - USD $ 13.88
- "Supporting the Jozi to Cape Town cyclists - all the best for your epic adventure!" - Cathie Webb
- Mar 22, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Best of luck Claudia and have a wonderful adventure!" - Gillian Findlay
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here