Malta Waterpolo Tour
- By: Tristan Shallcross
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/malta-waterpolo-tour
I have been invited as part of a group of 15 boys to travel to Malta on a Water Polo tour, where we will participate in 4 matches and have 6 professional coaching sessions with international coaches. This tour is self funded.
I started playing Water polo in 2015 in grade 8, and it quickly became my passion! As a type 1 diabetic it was difficult at first as its a very demanding sport and tests your endurance on every level. Over the 3 years I set myself goals in my sport and pushed myself with training and fitness to achieve them.
It is a dream for many sportsmen to be selected to represent their province , and I am proud to have been chosen for the U14, U15 and now the U16 Kzn team competing at the annual interprovincial tournaments.
I play 1st team for my school Glenwood High School, and was awarded Jnr player of the year last year.
This year I was extremely proud to have been selected to represent South Africa in the U16 & U18 Water Polo team and flew to New Zealand to take part in the Pan Pacific Water Polo tournament in July. The opportunity to gain international experience benefits us as players, and increases the level of the sport back home.
The donations will be used for flights, accomodation, meals, transport, entrance into the 2 planned excursions, insurance, airport taxes, visa.
Personally I would like my success so far in Water Polo to be an inspiration to other Type 1 diabetic kids to not let their disease dictate their dreams!
- Nov 27, 2018 - USD $ 26.92
- "Good luck Tristan x" - Sue & Mike
- Nov 17, 2018 - USD $ 74.43
- "Congratulations and all the very best!" - Sarah Milligan
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 510.00
- "Well done " - Mike Bauristhene
- Nov 14, 2018 - USD $ 7.28
- "Good luck !" - Tracey Lynch
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Congratulations and good luck!" - Julia Nicholson
- Nov 14, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Good Luck and well done" - Gavin Chandler