Mamelani Movember Campaign
- By: Dean Horwitz
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mamelanimovembercampaign
In honour of MOVEMBER, I will be growing my moustache for a special cause. Mamelani Projects is a registered non-profit organisation that supports children, women and young people to improve their lives. I am participating in Movember because I believe that in order for us to make a difference we should actively participate in the process. By growing my moustache I am actively participating in making the world around me a better place. I chose Mamelani because I was fascinated by their work, and inspired by their dedication and passion for empowering young people. One of my passions is helping young people who have not been as fortunate as I have been to succeed in life.
I am asking everyone who visits this page to make a donation towards Mamelani - your small change could make a big difference! Mamelani is a section 18A company, and so tax certificates for donations can be arranged. They have also been selected as an approved cause by Greater Good South Africa, which is a status given to organisations with sound financial systems.
I approached Mamelani saying I wanted to use the campaign to raise awareness and much needed funds for the organisation. Mamelani’s Youth Development programme works specifically youth who have come out of Children’s Homes to make a success of their lives. At 18 when these young people have to leave care, they are expected to become instant adults, able to meet all their own needs. In reality, they require support to navigate this transitional time – and this is where Mamelani fits in. All the young people who come through the programme are supported along their journey, in completing their education, gaining access to skills training as well as work opportunities. Key to this process is the work Mamelani does to build their sense of self worth, improve relationships, and create networks of support around these young people.
All the funds raised through this campaign will go towards the Youth Development programme, helping these youngsters reach their dreams. Every cent counts, so I thank you in advance for your contribution!
To read more about Mamelani’s work, visit www.mamelani.org.za
- Nov 29, 2012 - R 180.00
- "MAMELANI YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - ZAR Family
- Nov 23, 2012 - R 300.00
- "With love Xxxx" - the de Jagers
- Nov 23, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Thank Sammy Goldberg for her recruiting skills :)" - Alex Cruickshanks
- Nov 22, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Great organisation! Great Work!" - Catherine Taylor
- Nov 21, 2012 - R 1 000.00
- "Keep it up.....Great work for a great cause !!!" - Lori, Adam, rafi & Lexi hudaly
- Nov 20, 2012 - R 200.00
- "well done. keep growing" - tug
- Nov 20, 2012 - R 150.00
- "Well Done Cuz, proud of you!" - Jenna Aka Cuz
- Nov 14, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Inspiring! Mazaltov. " - Natalie Miller
- Nov 14, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Keep it up!" - Anonymous
- Nov 13, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Go Dean!! U r a legend!!" - MIMI DEE !!!
- Nov 11, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Keep up the great work" - Elan Tanur
- Nov 09, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Good luck and looking forward to seeing some face hair on you...." - Hilton & Jeannete Flax
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here