Manex/Santa Shoebox for the Great Optimist Race
- By: Veda Pretorius
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/manex-ss-optimist
Support the Manex/ Santa Shoebox Optimist dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
We are raising funds for Santa Shoebox. Each year the Santa Shoebox Project collects and distributes personalised gifts of essential items and treats for underprivileged children throughout South Africa and Namibia. In 13 years, Your generosity has helped us reach out to over 858 673 children.
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Snapscan" - Christina Clucas
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 514.10
- "We're proud to be part of your good cause. Safe sailing to all the Lil Opp'ies." - Megafreight Services
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Good luck Manex & Power" - Tubes & Metals Trading
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 50.75
- "All the best!!!" - Candice
- Oct 02, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Thank you for supporting an amazing initiative! Best of luck." - Carey
- Oct 01, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Go Thomas!" - Gail Meek
- Sep 30, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Let this be a hand up." - Tony Alison
- Sep 27, 2019 - USD $ 46.69
- "Great Initiative!" - R&K
- Sep 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Keep up the good work" - Ali
- Sep 19, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Go, Thomas!!" - Stewart
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.