Marc's Ironman and 70.3 for the Smile Foundation (2015)
- By: Marc Davidowitz
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/marcs-ironman-and-703-for-the-smile-foundation-201
Personal messageI am currently completing my community service as a medical doctor at the Red Cross Children's Hospital. In 2014 I participated in my first Ironman and to say it was the greatest experience of my life is a massive understatement. The only thing that gave me more pride than crossing that finish line, was being part of the Smile Foundation team and raising enough money to help so many children. Working in a children's hospital I see daily the difficulties children grow up with and the dire circumstances they face. Being part of the Smile Foundation is extremely rewarding as I know the amazing work they do to try and give less fortunate children a chance at a normal life, when they are born with or acquire deformities that they would otherwise have no chance of correcting.
- Nov 23, 2015 - R 2 123.89
- "Veels Geluk. Ek is trots op jou, my seun. " - Georgie Best (Number 1)
- Feb 24, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "Good work, tool" - Anonymous
- Feb 05, 2015 - R 500.00
- "For making the littlelins smile...well done!" - Shetil and Russell
- Jan 24, 2015 - R 350.00
- "Good luck buddy!" - Lord Scrabble
- Jan 23, 2015 - R 750.00
- "so very proud of you...best of luck!!" - Casper
- Jan 23, 2015 - R 2 000.00
- "By the People, for the People" - People's NYE
- Jan 05, 2015 - R 350.00
- "So proud of you and hope the next one brings you as much joy as the last! " - Hippopotanonymous
- Dec 09, 2014 - R 1 000.00
- "x" - Ryan Rabinowitz
- Nov 27, 2014 - R 1 000.00
- "Keep smiling hard dude and doing great work. World needs more endeavours like yours!" - Uvi
- Nov 27, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Always happy to contribute towards bringing a smile to a child's face. Keep up the amazing work Marc!" - Tammy Dehn
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here