Chess Coach In Need of New Wheels
- By: Marius van der Westhuizen
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/marius-van-der-westhuizen
I have been diagnosed with a Cavernoma in my brain, which is basically clotted blood vessels in the brain. Mine is situated close to the spinal cord and behind the eye muscles that makes it difficult to operate on, since the risk of becoming blind is too high.
In the years since my condition was first diagnosed, it became worse, my migraines, headaches, nausea etc.
It became so bad that it makes life difficult on a day to day basis. The pain increased as I went along my daily routines as a chess coach, teaching the beautiful game of chess in schools in and around the Overberg area.
- I fell asleep behind the steering wheel about a week ago while traveling home.The pain killers might have contributed to the cause. I wrote my car off and do not have insurance nor medical aid. Now I am without wheels to travel do my daily chores as well as traveling to Tygerberg Hospital to see the Nero-surgeons to assist me and discuss the way forward.
I had a booking which I could not attend due to my car accident. Its a long and tedious process to even get a booking to see the Nero surgeons and I can't afford (from a health standpoint) to miss any future appointments.
Reaching my target will mean that I can travel to and from Tygerberg Hospital. It will also mean that I will be able to get back to work, traveling between different schools in my area to teach Chess to dozens of young students!
- Nov 12, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Hi Marius, Hope this helps you reach your target. All the best." - Lindy
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "be strong little big man" - Jens
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 1 191.06
- "Sterkte Marius! Hou moed ????????" - LP
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Baie dankie vir jou werk met die kinders" - L Punt
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 1 010.00
En jou ander koevertjie lê nog by die werk. Just saying." - M&R
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Wens ek kon meer gee marius, seker dit help" - Johan Van Der Walt
- Nov 07, 2019 - USD $ 200.00
- "We hope you’re back on your feet soon, Marius. Love Julie and Anthea" - Anthea van der Pluym
- Nov 07, 2019 - R 110.00
I hope this helps!All the best" - Gracia Joshua
Marius van der Westhuizen Vehicle Cause
My name is Marius van der Westhuizen, 32 years of age and I live in Hermanus, South Africa. I am fundraising for a 2nd hand vehicle. I was recently involved in a serious car accident due to a medical condition, and the car was written off. I am fundraising in order to put down a deposit on a 2nd hand vehicle so I can get to work and to my doctor's appointments.