Mark's Great Shark Swim in Dec 2017 - 100km in 12hours
- By: Mark de Klerk
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/marks-great-shark-swim-in-dec-2017-100k
It is not often that Capetonians get the opportunity to swim in warm water, so when The Great Shark Swim in the warm waters of the South Coast presented itself, I jumped at the opportunity.
This is a great initiative by a MAD group of like minded individuals that are making their voices heard for those that can not.
We will each be attempting to swim 100km in 12 hours from sunrise to sunset to create awaresness for the millions of sharks that are killed each year by humans.
The ocean is shared by all and without humans realizing that, there will be nothing left.
Help us help ourselves.
- Dec 08, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Mark dude!" - Annie Swan
- Nov 30, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Truly hope the sharks know what you are doing for them out there! Have fun!" - Anonymous
- Nov 27, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Jealous I won’t be joining you. Stay safe!" - Tom Maydon
- Nov 15, 2017 - USD $ 69.68
- "Good stuff D, good luck boet." - Ian Booth
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.