- By: Martin Ciolkosz
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/martin-2013
Riding the Race Across South Africa Iam rewarded with an unforgettable and enriching experience in the rural and most remote parts of SA. Even the unrelenting mountainous terrain and harsh winter conditions serves only to contribute to the depths of this personal challenge.
By supporting my ride you are contributing to a better education and better opportunities for a few rural students. Giving them this personal challenge will allow them to pursue a vocation they dream of
- Jul 22, 2013 - R 200.00
- "here's the second installment as promised :) Well done Martin!" - Grant Noble
- Jun 26, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Jestes Wielki ! Wielkie serce , wytrzymaly rower I jaka energia! Great Cause too ! " - Kasia McDavid & Family
- Jun 19, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Am so proud of you! Keep up the great work ;)" - Smerf
- Jun 07, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Good Luck!" - Tequila Tandem
- Jun 05, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Martin.... All the best for the road ahead. Remember to keep it real, and to keep the rubber side down!! " - Jarek Pawlikowski
- Jun 05, 2013 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Martin. I'll double my contribution once you cross the finish line. " - Grant Noble
Donations to dateR 11 200.00
Fundraising targetR 20 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 10 000.00 Donate
Freedom Challenge Scholarship Fund
Over the last number of years participants in the events arranged by the Freedom Challenge have expressed an interest in giving back something to the people along the route. After much consideration we have decided that a good starting point would be to establish an educational fund to benefit the scholars living along the Mehloding section of the trail. This section falls within the area formerly known as the Transkei and has been identified in various social development studies as one of the poorest parts of the South Africa.
The Fund offers a 3 year scholarships for promising students to attend the private school located at the Mariazell Mission just below the Malekhalonyane Chalets which is one of our support stations used for the Ride Across South Africa and Ride to Rhodes events. http://www.wix.com/allensharp1/fcsf
We are now challenging the 2014 FC participants to let their mountain biking passion benefit the local communities that span the Freedom Trail. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute directly to uplift the knowledge and lives of individuals and communities through education.
The Fund is run under the auspices of The Freedom Challenge’s annual, extreme and unsupported, mountain bike race extending from Pietermaritzburg to Cape Town www.freedomchallenge.org.za This is a project of the Freedom Trail Foundation.