Help publish Martin's children's novel
- By: Gregory Vogt
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/martin-hatchuel
Help Martin Hatchuel publish his children’s novel
If there’s one thing our kids and grandkids (and South Africa!) need, it’s a ghoulishly lekker adventure set on the Garden Route coast. This is that story - and now you can help this talented writer sail it onto its course to enrich the reading lives of children everywhere.
Martin is a talented writer who’s been keeping Knysna and the South African tourism sector informed for more than 20 years - always writing for other people, though (it’s how he made his living before COVID), and always providing a valuable service to tourism products and destinations.
As a friend, I’ve watched him fight a life-long battle against depression, and seen how he’s found escape through writing fiction: short stories and full-length novels. His greatest love is watching the delight children get from reading his adventure stories - but he hasn’t had much published. Self confidence, perhaps?
The pandemic seems to have made him realise that he can make his dream come true, and he now wants to publish his full-length book, ‘It’s a Pity I didn’t Bring Any Swords.’
It's a Pity I didn't Bring Any Swords
Weaving imagination around actual historic events, it’s a story about:
A water-crazy kid, his loyal dogs, and his friend Blueberry (the ghost of a sailor boy), who sail the spirit of a yacht out the Knysna Heads to search for Blueberry's lost grandpa - who was last seen aboard a ship that was found abandoned at Noetzie Beach 140 years ago.
But then they have to battle the captain of the most famous ghost ship of all: the Flying Dutchman...
YOUR CONTRIBUTION will help Martin pay for professional editing and book design, and so produce the best possible version of his tale - and set it sailing on its course to enrich the reading lives of children everywhere.
- Mar 04, 2021 - R 200.00
ood Luck!" - Margie Johnson
- Mar 02, 2021 - R 1 269.00
- "Wishing you all the best for this wonderful project" - A Vogel
- Feb 24, 2021 - R 1 269.00
- "CONGTATULATIONS ON THE PUBLICATION " - GEOFF GRYLLS
- Feb 16, 2021 - USD $ 207.92
- "all the best, Martin" - Shaz
- Feb 16, 2021 - R 200.00
ood Luck!" - Margie Johnson
- Feb 09, 2021 - R 1 269.00
- "Looking forward to reading more adventures" - Peter meese
- Feb 08, 2021 - USD $ 68.33
- "I applaud your endeavours Mart - all your efforts, dedication and creative energy. We hope your gifts will soon be shared with all and If there is any justice, that the publication of this book will k" - Cath & Mel
- Feb 08, 2021 - USD $ 13.36
- "Good luck with this! " - Christine
- Feb 08, 2021 - R 200.00
- "Yes brother!" - Daniel
- Feb 04, 2021 - USD $ 50.00
- "Your work is amazing and I wish you the winds of success in your sails my brother. You deserve it and the world needs your stories!!" - Daron Chatz
- Jan 27, 2021 - R 1 250.00
Anticipation...best feeling in the world... Other than a hug, from the most special person in the world." - Alex
- Jan 25, 2021 - R 528.75
- "Keep writing..." - Mike Rumble
- Jan 24, 2021 - R 1 269.00
- "Heard the story grow over time, now I would REALLY like to see it in book form! Am sure my nieces and nephews would love the story." - Ypie Kingma
- Jan 24, 2021 - R 105.75
- "So proud of you, Martin!" - Kat Forster
- Jan 23, 2021 - R 211.50
- "Looking forward to your success." - Cheryl
- Jan 22, 2021 - R 105.75
- "Good luck with the book " - Mark Weston
- Jan 22, 2021 - R 1 269.00
- "Martin, I have always known of your passion to publish. You have written for Knysna, Mossel Bay and so many tourism product owners. Tough times now but here is a thank you" - Anonomous