Mary-Anne's Ironman for Smile 2018
- By: Mary-Anne Stott
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mary-annes-ironman-for-smile-2018
I am an outdoor, sports loving and adventurous person. I have been a swimmer for most of my life, completed 3 Ironmans and I've also managed to tick off my biggest bucket-list item, which was to summit Kilimanjaro.
All this fun, however, came with a couple of injuries along the way and 3 years ago after multiple shoulder dislocations and reconstructive surgery, I was told that there was a chance I might never regain my full swimming ability.
I clearly wasn't listening properly because with a lot of rehab and hard work, I am happy to say that I have recovered to be even stronger than I was before.
I decided to enter Ironman again because I want to inspire people to never give up on their dreams because of what other people say or think. If you believe in yourself and you put in the hard work you can do anything! I have always believed that crossing an Ironman finish line is life-changing and this year I want to race for the Smile Foundation so that my Ironman journey will go towards changing the lives of others and not only my own.
- Apr 12, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Go Strong Mary-Anne" - Denise Scott Darlow
- Apr 10, 2018 - R 260.00
- "Here you go, the hard work is done, now have fun, stay confident and smart! You are an inspiration to us all, thinking of you on the day. Hugs from DE :)" - Bev Germany
- Apr 10, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Go Mary-Anne!! You are the favoured of the Lord and everything you do He will cause to succeed!!" - Genevéve & Divan
- Mar 29, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Really proud of you!!!!" - Caron
- Mar 16, 2018 - R 100.00
- "GO GO BAMBI- thanks for being my training buddy! I know you will smash it reach you expected goal! FROM WC" - Charlene AKA WILDCAT
- Mar 14, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Enjoy every minute of the day - you are already our Irongirl and inspiration. May you and the Race of Faith team enjoy Gods favour and safety on the day ????" - Maria Stott
- Mar 13, 2018 - R 411.28
- "I think you are amazing!" - Catherine MacFarlane
- Mar 12, 2018 - R 411.28
- "Good luck!" - Hilary Bolton
- Mar 12, 2018 - R 257.05
- "Go Mary-Anne Go!" - Odessa
- Mar 05, 2018 - R 102.82
- "You are a true inspiration. May God bless you. " - Anria
- Mar 01, 2018 - R 2 570.50
- "So Proud of you Mary&Anne;" - Wiebe & Sharon Zoetmulder
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here