Matthew & Leigh-Ann ride for Children with cancer
- By: Matthew and Leigh-Ann Figueira
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/matthew-leigh-ann-ride-for-children-with
The Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge takes place on Sunday the 15th November 2015 and we'll be riding for children with cancer.
This cause is incredibly close to our hearts as we tragically lost our dad in September 2013 and then our uncle, and second dad, in March 2015 to this devastating disease. It has since become our mission to ride the 94.7 every year that we possibly can in their remembrance as well as for those who have lost their battle and those who continue to fight.
We have chosen to “ride for a purpose” and will be supporting the Rainbows and Smiles Childhood Cancer Foundation. This is a small foundation that supports children fighting cancer. One child at a time, Rainbows and Smiles provide emotional, social and financial support to families in need when a child is diagnosed with cancer. The founder, Bonita Suckling lost her only son Jed to brain cancer when he was only 6 years old. Their mission is to provide children with cancer the best quality of life and to do whatever it takes to hear the words "no evidence of disease".
We would be eternally grateful if you could please help us raise funds for such a valuable cause and to make a difference in the life of a child with cancer.
To help us raise funds, please click the Donate Now link on this page. No amount is too small and every rand sponsored would be hugely appreciated.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR MISSION :)
A note from the Rainbows team:
We are grateful for your generosity, your trust, and most importantly your commitment to our mission. On behalf of the Rainbows and Smiles team and the children fighting cancer, thank you for your charitable support. Please note that Rainbows and Smiles is a Public Benefit Organisation in terms of section 30 of the income tax act. All donations to us will be tax deductible in the hands of the donors in terms of and subject to limitations prescribed by the Act. We meet all legal requirements and should you need any additional information please contact [email protected]
Thank you SO much for clicking on our page and for supporting Rainbows and Smiles. Your sponsorship will make a difference in the life of a child fighting cancer!
- Nov 20, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Proud of you guys and happy to help you reach your target!" - Rui Fatti Suzana
- Nov 16, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Knocked dead guys!! We will be supporting you all the way XXX" - Nicole Alers
- Nov 16, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Tio Manny and your dad would be so proud <3" - MannyUnited
- Nov 15, 2015 - R 400.00
- "Congrats for doing this for such a super cause!! " - The Tweedys
- Nov 14, 2015 - R 200.00
- "Good luck!" - Julie
- Nov 10, 2015 - USD $ 50.00
- "Good luck to you both " - karlo
- Nov 09, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "For the FIGUEIRA Legends!" - Figtrees forever
- Nov 02, 2015 - R 507.30
- "So proud of you!" - Zoe, Dean and Princess Harley DaviMason
- Nov 02, 2015 - USD $ 50.02
- "You're insane... try not die" - Madness...
- Oct 28, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Such a worthy cause!!! Your dad & uncle are beaming with pride :-) " - Ronnie & Annie
- Oct 21, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Love your work, great people and a great cause" - That fork, his lass and their lil cutie princess
- Oct 19, 2015 - R 500.00
- "Great work guys! :)" - Ceaser and Angie
Rainbows and Smiles Foundation
The mission of Rainbows and Smiles is to provide emotional, social and financial support to families and caregivers in need when a child or children of that family is diagnosed with a life threatening illness such as cancer. In addition, Rainbows and Smiles encourage childhood cancer awareness to educate in the hope of promoting early detection.
To set up your own fundraising page for Rainbows and Smiles click here