Mattresses for Amazing Grace Children's Home
- By: Natasha Morris
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mattresses-for-amazing-grace-childrens-ho
“What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.” - Nelson Mandela
In celebrating the Centenary of the birth of Nelson Mandela, Fresh Start Foundation in partnership with Awesome Travel, would like to assist Amazing Grace in replacing the mattresses in all the children's dormitories at their Eikenhof home.
Amazing Grace Children’s Home was established by Busiswe Grace Mashaba in a rented house situated in Malelane, Mpumalanga, in 1989. Her objective was to take care of street children & children trafficked on the main highway between South Africa and Mozambique. In 2004, Amazing Grace opened its second home in Eikenhof, South of Johannesburg. The organisation transformed old horse stables into a home which is now a safe haven for Mama Grace and 200 children.
Mama Grace has quite a history herself which inspires the passion and motivation she has for this initiative. She was nominated and awarded the opportunity to meet the Dalai Lama in San Francisco, as part of the Unsung Heroes of Compassion, during 2014.
For more information please refer to the website: https://www.amazinggracechildren.org.za//about-us.html
We are doing a drive whereby we are aiming to raise funds to make the dream of sleeping in a comfortable bed a reality for these childern and in achieving this we would love to get your help by donating the little bit that you can towards a mattress. A good quality mattress will cost about R1500. You do not have to purchase a full mattress you can donate towards one.
Our dream would be 100 mattresses to go with Mr. Mandela’s 100 years. Any help would be welcome. You can invite family, friends and colleagues to join in on this initiative/drive.
Should we be privileged enough to raise more than required by Amazing Grace Children’s Home we will be donating the additional mattresses / funds to other NGO organisations within our social upliftment network.
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children"
- Aug 28, 2018 - R 2 000.00
- "awesome initiative keep up the good work" - Teracoat Seamless flooring
- Jul 25, 2018 - R 2 717.14
- "Thanks to Amazing Grace and Awesome Travel for truly making a difference" - Dynamic Global Exchange
- Jul 19, 2018 - R 1 542.30
- "#goawesome" - Glen and Caroline
- Jul 19, 2018 - R 1 580.56
- "Yepp! One more" - Lothar
- Jul 19, 2018 - R 514.10
- "So grateful to be apart of an amazing project. Thanks" - Dani/Bhoko Pela
- Jul 18, 2018 - USD $ 120.86
- "I will never forget the times I have visited Amazing Grace Children's Home and meeting the kids. Thoughts are with you all." - Allen Highfield
- Jul 17, 2018 - R 102.82
- ":)" - Tash
- Jul 15, 2018 - R 1 365.04
- "Happy to help a great cause." - Maribeth McElligott
- Jul 13, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Great initiative! Lets keep it growing! " - Anonymous
- Jul 12, 2018 - R 1 542.30
- "Hope we can reach over 100 mattresses for these beautiful boys and girls. High five Awesome Travel! " - Nicole
- Jul 12, 2018 - R 1 010.60
- "Such a wonderful cause - thank you Awesome Travel xox sleep well kids xox " - Karen Bauckham
- Jul 12, 2018 - USD $ 42.08
- "Hope this helps" - Libby
- Jul 11, 2018 - USD $ 117.76
- "This project is awesome!" - Janine
- Jul 06, 2018 - R 102.82
- "Testing" - John