SA target shooting team member needs Your help!
- By: Max-Reece Van Der merwe
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/max-reece
My name is Max-Reece, I'm a 13-year-old Glenwood high school student who started target shooting when I was 11. On my 12th birthday, I was selected as part of the U12 KZN Bisley team to represent KZN at SA's.
Last year when I was 12 turning 13, I opted to go straight to shooting unassisted and moves to the U21 age group where through hard work and determination I was selected again as a member of the KZN Bisley team, tieing 8th place at SA's.
Currently, I am 13 and have just qualified for the U21 SA team and we will be shooting in the UK at the British junior international end of July.
This will be my first time on an international airplane so I'm very excited. I'm hoping to make both my parents and my school proud.
The SA tour team is traveling to the UK to participate in the British Junior International and I need all the financial assistance possible, the South African rand is not very strong so the flight and accommodation and everything added up is quite costly.
I leave on the 31st July, I need to make as much as I can by mid-July so that I establish where and what other assistance I need to try.
R40 000 paid directly to SANSSU this is for flights and accommodation and transport and entry fees and meals.
R3500 is for the SA clothing we require
R1850 if for the Visa to the UK
R4500 will be to get from Durban to Johannesburg and back and spending money.
These donations will allow me to travel to the UK without having to worry about my parents having to take out loans to send me, it will enable me to perform at my very best as there will be no distractions about me worrying and feeling guilty for them spending money. It will also afford me the opportunity of being abroad, seeing a Complete different culture, gaining the experience and going on my first international flight.
You can follow my progress here.
- Jul 16, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Goodluck boy!!!" - Jo berg'ers
- Jul 02, 2019 - USD $ 70.76
- "Good luck young man." - Annon
- Jun 27, 2019 - R 1 200.00
- "All the best, buddy" - Max’s Atholl Buddies-Caleb,Nath,Luvo,Reece&Warwick
- Jun 15, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "Good luck from all of us @buyability.co.za " - BuyAbility.co.za
- Jun 15, 2019 - USD $ 33.74
- "Good luck " - Colin Phipson
- Jun 13, 2019 - USD $ 6.73
- "Wish you al the best!" - Michelle Mostert
- Jun 05, 2019 - R 51.41
- "Good luck!" - Friend
- Jun 03, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Hav fun max" - Marius Kruger
- Jun 02, 2019 - R 50.75
- "Every little bit helps wishing you everything of the best xx" - Friend
- Jun 02, 2019 - USD $ 6.86
- "Xx" - Anonymous
- May 29, 2019 - R 510.00
- "So very proud of you Max-Reece xxxx" - Nix, Cheyanne and Charne
- May 29, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Good luck Max! So proud of you champ! From Pranava & Family!" - Imeshnee
- May 24, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Well done!" - Kathy Singery
- May 22, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good luck" - Rob Mitchell
- May 22, 2019 - USD $ 69.43
- "Good luck boy ... you making us all proud :)" - uncle Justin
- May 21, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Good luck!" - Bronwyn Whittington
- May 21, 2019 - USD $ 34.75
- "Good luck! " - Soraya Dougal
Max-Reece Target Shooting Cause
My name is Max-Reece, I'm a 13 year old Glenwood high school student who started target shooting when I was 11. On my 12th birthday I was selected as part of the U12 KZN bisley team to represent KZN at SA's. Currently I am 13 and have just qualified for the U21 SA team and we will be shooting in the UK at the British junior international end of July.