McGhee home fire fund
- By: Heather Watson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mcghee-home-fire-fund
My brother Andrew and his family lost their home in a terrible fire on 18 September in Honeydew, South Africa. The fire started after some vagrants lit a fire on the neighbour's property. The reeds caught fire and with the strong winds, an ember blew onto their roof and burnt the house down in under an hour. The only thing they were able to save was my nephew's bicycle which was at the front door.
I have spent a lot of time thinking how I can support and help them from afar. I know that there are many people, especially in South Africa, who are in far worse situations. So, this is not about a fundraising target and I have no expectations. It is about humbly appealing to those who have asked how they could help.
Andrew, Amy and their kids have lost everything through no fault of their own. The most devastating of all being their children’s artwork, photographs and special mementos. I am so grateful that they were not hurt. They have moved into a caravan in the interim. Though they had building insurance, they did not have household contents insurance. Please reserve judgement as there are reasons for this.
If you would like to help them cover living expenses over the next few months, buy some clothes and start saving so that they can furnish their home (when they get one), please donate. There are no expectations. Thank you.
- Oct 19, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "So sorry to hear of your misfortune but every best wish for rebuilding your lives. " - Anonymous
- Oct 15, 2018 - USD $ 34.68
- "Thinking of you and the family. Hope you get back to normal soon. God bless" - Anonymous
- Oct 14, 2018 - R 4 112.80
- "Just a small contribution in the hope it helps a bit. My thoughts are with you all" - Tammy Perrie
- Oct 09, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "Hoping you find your feet again soon. Good luck!" - Paul & Sonja
- Oct 08, 2018 - USD $ 55.67
- "Just wish I could help more xo" - Sarah
- Oct 07, 2018 - USD $ 35.58
- "Sending love and healing" - Heather
McGhee home fire Cause
My brother Andrew and his family lost their home in a terrible fire on 18 September in Honeydew, South Africa. The fire started after some vagrants lit a fire on the neighbour's property. The reeds caught fire and with the strong winds, an ember blew onto their roof and burnt the house down in under an hour.
Please Help Me Spread The Word: