Megan Swims Balearic Island Challenge
- By: Megan Harrington-Johnson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/megan-swims-balearic-island-challenge
The Madswimmers are doing it again! This time to raise funds for the most amazing charity, Guild Cottage, a home for abandoned orphaned and abused children in Parktown, Johannesburg. This charity is close to my heart, having already met and spent time with some of these incredible kids!
Please help me help them. Every Rand makes a difference.
This will be my most challenging swim to date... No one has ever circumnavigated the island of Ibiza by swimming it, and whilst I may have done 25km in one go, I have never swum this distance 4 days in a row... it is going to hurt ALOT and the chaff and cap tan will most probably be beyond compare!
Please show your support by giving up something small, like your daily cappucino or smoothie, even for just a week, and rather put that amount towards helping the kids at Guild Cottage have a better future!
Thanks to all that get involved:)
- Aug 31, 2017 - R 411.28
- "Enjoy Megs. Wishing you and the team success. " - Simon Crawley
- Aug 24, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Enjoy the swimming experience " - Luke and Ashley
- Aug 07, 2017 - R 510.00
- "You are a star Megan! Keep shining and enjoy the swim!" - Carey
- Aug 06, 2017 - R 2 570.50
- "A serious challenge this. Wishing you all the best for it " - Rudi Pienaar
- Jul 27, 2017 - R 154.23
- "Amazing and completely mad:) Good Luck!" - Suzanne
- Jul 23, 2017 - USD $ 8.15
- "Goooooood Luck! " - Jen P
- Jul 20, 2017 - R 10 282.00
- "Megan, you are crazy... what a challenge and in addition for good cause. wow!" - Anni & Lars
- Jul 18, 2017 - R 110.00
- "Well done Megs." - Colleen Heale
- Jul 17, 2017 - R 514.10
- "You go Megs, I agree with JENNY, "mad is the word" good luck" - Vanessa
- Jul 14, 2017 - R 100.00
- "There is no other word than MAD" - Jenny
- Jul 13, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Enjoy! What an achievement xx" - Elaine
- Jul 13, 2017 - R 100.00
- "I like to be your 1st R100 ;) Good luck my friend! Proud of you " - Morgane
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.