Michelle Riding for Rainbows
- By: Michelle Wilken
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/michelle-riding-for-rainbows2014
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page:
I have entered the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour, which takes place on Sunday 9th March 2014. The Cycle Tour, as many of you know, is a 109 km cycle race in Cape Town, a world-class event which attracts 35 000 participants a year and is the biggest of its kind.
I have decided to “ride for a purpose” and will be supporting Rainbows and Smiles Childhood Cancer Foundation. This is a small foundation that supports children fighting cancer. Rainbows and Smiles provide emotional, social and financial support to families in need when a child is diagnosed with cancer. The founder (who is also my FRIEND), Bonita Suckling, lost her only son Jed, to brain cancer when he was only 6 years old. The mission is to give children with cancer the best quality of life.
Thank you so much for supporting me in my cycle and mission to make a difference in the life of a child with cancer.
To help me raise funds please click the "Donate Now" link on this page.
Making your donation on this page is a really simple credit card payment process, and even the smallest contribution will help these precious children.
With all my love
#CozJedMatters- and so do his friends!
A note from the Rainbows team
We are grateful for your generosity, your trust, and most importantly your commitment to our mission. On behalf of the Rainbows and Smiles team and the children fighting cancer, thank you for your charitable support. Please note that Rainbows and Smiles is a public benefit organisation in terms of section 30 of the income tax act. All donations to us will be tax deductible in the hands of the donors in terms of and subject to limitations prescribed by the Act. If you need any additional information please contact [email protected]
- Mar 06, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good luck and God bless you. Love you my friend." - Fahrana
- Mar 04, 2014 - R 100.00
- "Go Shell - Bless you for all you do for others!!" - Samm
- Mar 03, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Don't Fall Off Your Bike Please!" - Rhonda Russ
- Feb 28, 2014 - R 250.00
- "Good Luck :-)" - Tammy Barrett
- Feb 13, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good luck. I take my hat off to you" - Michael Jones
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Go Michelle! " - Anonymous
- Feb 11, 2014 - R 200.00
- " Life will always be full of love if you remember to enjoy the ride :) Good luck to you all! " - Laura
- Feb 06, 2014 - R 500.00
- "With love over the oceans..." - Cam & Mel
- Feb 01, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Proud of you Michelle!!! :) " - Mike M
- Jan 31, 2014 - R 500.00
- "It's a good cause, it's the least I can do" - Thomas
- Jan 31, 2014 - R 100.00
- "You're doing such a good thing for these kids! " - Dani Morera
- Jan 30, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Good luck. Happy to support this cause. " - Jon Pelger
- Jan 16, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Thank you for riding for a purpose! You are special!" - Carolynn
Rainbows and Smiles Foundation
The mission of Rainbows and Smiles is to provide emotional, social and financial support to families and caregivers in need when a child or children of that family is diagnosed with a life threatening illness such as cancer. In addition, Rainbows and Smiles encourage childhood cancer awareness to educate in the hope of promoting early detection.
To set up your own fundraising page for Rainbows and Smiles click here