Mike's Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects 2018
- By: Mike Schlebach
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mikes-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani-p
I am taking on the challenge of participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour on the 11th of March 2018. I am honoured to be dedicating my race to Mamelani Projects and becoming part of Mamelani’s Movers Team. I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani has two flagship programmes – The community health programme nurtures resilience and contributes towards community health and ProSEED provides necessary support and opportunities to young people as they make the transition from Child and Youth Care Centres at 18.
I have set myself the goal of raising R2000 for Mamelani. This will go directly towards ProSEED, the youth programme. Mamelani will use these funds to help the transitioning youth identify and secure internships at reputable organisations. These internships are usually three to six months long and are a great opportunity for these young people to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience while establishing important connections in their potential future field of work. These internships are important in ensuring the young people gain relevant experience to secure jobs that will assist them in their transition from being cared for by the state to them taking the lead in their adult lives.
It will take 10 people donating R200 each to reach my goal - please show your support!
- Mar 27, 2018 - R 200.00
- "Well done Michael,sorry so late with donation!!" - Trevor John
- Mar 20, 2018 - R 200.00
- "Better late than never! Well done" - Heather John
- Mar 12, 2018 - R 200.00
- "Follow Cobra follow..." - Eugene Bosini
- Mar 11, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Well done Mikey!!! Next time we must do it with you! " - Chad&Mandy;
- Mar 07, 2018 - R 300.00
- "Saastaan!!" - Micah
- Mar 05, 2018 - R 300.00
- "Sunshine" - Anon
- Feb 27, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Love to see you doing this for such a great cause! Happy cycling on the day." - Meagan Webb
- Feb 27, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Go Mike go, sachi will join you soon" - Farm Huskys
- Feb 15, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Good luck Mike, it:s a great cause!" - Lynn Stacey
- Jan 31, 2018 - R 250.00
- "No Surf breaks along the way" - Murph
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here