- By: Mina Foundation
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mina-rise
PERIODS DO NOT STOP IN PANDEMICS!!!
YES, we are at it again!!! The Mina Foundation in partnership with The Rami Chuene Foundation and other Partners continues their mission to uplift our women and children.
May is Mina month. To celebrate Mina’s 5th birthday and highlighting Global Menstrual Hygiene Day on 28th May, Mina kicks off her campaign in the month of love and will continue until the end of December 2021. Help us raise One Million Rand (R1 000 000), yes, ONE MILLION Rand in our quest to raise the status of our nation’s vulnerable.
The current pandemic has only intensified the harsh realities facing women and children.YOU can make a difference and help us lift the financial burden of menstrual health and feeding disadvantaged communities. Celebrate with Mina to celebrate this milestone by gifting a beneficiary with a Mina menstrual cup and a food hamper and giving hope to our communities.
The identified distribution days are:
- Human Rights Day (21 March 2021), because Women’s Rights are Human Rights and periods are not a luxury.
- Freedom Day (27 April 2021), because Mina gives you the freedom to be sporty and financially free a double celebration in MAY 2021 to celebrate this milestone.
- Mina’s 5th Birthday on (27th May 2021).
- Global Menstrual Hygiene Day (28th May 2021).
And the celebrations don’t stop here.
As we continue to fight the pandemic now in its third wave and take a stand against poverty, violence against women and children, unemployment, and injustices facing our nation, we ask that you take a stand with us and be a part of a sustainable solution.
July - is Madiba month and due to the spike in covid cases, Mina is carrying out online sessions with Partners that are on the ground doing distribution.
August- is Women’s month and has been earmarked to distribute Mina to women in prisons and to surrounding communities. This project will continue throughout the year to reach at least another 5000 beneficiaries.
October- International Month of the Girl Child where we will be highlighting other challenges relating to the Girl Child.
So far, Mina has impacted approximately 65000 lives which include GBV survivors, rural school girls, orphanages, Refugees, LGBTQI communities and not forgetting women working in landfills.
Give a little dignity to our menstruators and join us as we venture across our country to provide a sustainable solution to period poverty and donating any amount that is affordable. Every cent counts.
#StrongerTogether #MinaMovement #MinaTurns5
#RamiChueneFoundation #MinaMovement #TheYearWeBeatCovid
- Jan 07, 2022 - USD $ 31.79
- "Get education, change the world!" - Gerry
- Dec 16, 2021 - R 99.00
- "Rise Mina" - Nokuthula
- Dec 08, 2021 - R 219.00
- "THANK YOU" - TŠHEGOFATŠO
- Dec 01, 2021 - R 1 000.00
- "#Endperiodpoverty" - AliSF
- Dec 01, 2021 - USD $ 13.24
- "Keep up the good work" - Catherine Morrow
- Nov 30, 2021 - USD $ 18.59
- "Thank you for the work you do." - Sanet Laing
- Aug 27, 2021 - R 200.00
- "Thank you for all that you are doing." - anonymous
- Aug 24, 2021 - R 4 971.00
- "Thank you" - Littlegoodies.qa
- Aug 24, 2021 - R 5 000.00
- "Thank you!" - Littlegoodies.qa
- Aug 21, 2021 - USD $ 65.38
- "Donating from Antigua in the Caribbean. Very impressed with your charity as seen on the Expresso Show" - Chrys
- Jul 21, 2021 - USD $ 6.83
- "Thank you for all you do for women and girls. " - Zoe Brooks-Jeffiers
- Jul 12, 2021 - R 250.00
You make the world a better place. Hugs to you" - Gloria
- Jun 18, 2021 - R 300.00
I love your work, keep keeping on" - Lusanda
- May 29, 2021 - R 300.00
- "Thank you MINA for the great work that you do." - Obakeng Modisane
- May 12, 2021 - USD $ 121.52
- "Thank you Mina Foundation" - Scandicare.org
- May 04, 2021 - USD $ 175.00
- "Zakkira you are an amazing woman" - Carolyn
- Apr 19, 2021 - R 2 900.00
- "Thank you" - Littlegoodies.qa
- Apr 16, 2021 - USD $ 125.00
- "Thank you so much for helping us out! Inspired by your work and excited to pass it forward! " - Kendrick Grespan
- Apr 12, 2021 - R 300.00
- "Great initiative ! #TeamSade" - Sophia
- Apr 11, 2021 - USD $ 65.00
- "To helping all young girls and women all over the world #TeamSade" - Anonymous
- Apr 11, 2021 - USD $ 35.00
- "This is an amazing initiative and from my personal capacity and from my brand @qabiso_ on Instagram. We would like to find a way to get involved! As Shade says let's reach 65million" - #TeamSade from Qabiso
- Apr 09, 2021 - USD $ 79.68
- "Thank you for the Cups!!" - Anonymous
- Apr 08, 2021 - USD $ 200.00
- "Thank you for standing to end the suffering of the most vulnerable" - https://www.scandicare.org
- Apr 08, 2021 - R 300.00
- "The best feminine hygiene product around " - Pam
- Apr 05, 2021 - R 250.00
- "Love your work!" - Shay
- Mar 30, 2021 - R 200.00
- ":)" - Littlegoodies
- Mar 29, 2021 - R 100.00
Thank you for running this initiative and bringing to light your story" - Tunisia
- Mar 15, 2021 - R 300.00
Thank you for your generosity and the wonderful work that you do." - Tallulah Rose Glasby
- Mar 13, 2021 - R 500.00
- "Love your work." - Anonymous
- Mar 08, 2021 - USD $ 98.06
- "This can make us all so much better." - Terrence Brayboy
- Feb 28, 2021 - USD $ 6.70
- "Thank you for your continuous work and efforts!" - andreea
- Feb 22, 2021 - R 150.00
- "For the love of Mina for all." - Charlene
- Feb 18, 2021 - R 50.00
- "Keep up the good work!!" - Anon
The Mina Foundation was founded by 3 dynamic women on a mission to transform the lives of young girls and women and to raise awareness that the menstrual cup is a safe , cost effective and eco-friendly alternative to manage menstrual hygiene .
a small silicone cup that is changing lives. She is smart and confident and her circumstances do not define her.
Proudly South African, an African Leader and Global Ambassador,
she is made out of 100% medical grade silicone,
she is biocompatible, non-toxic and non-porous,
she is leakfree when inserted correctly,
she is sporty and safe to sleep with,
she collects up to 3 x more fluid than tampons
she is re-usable for up to 5 years
she is comfy and easy to use
Mina is a friend you can count on.
Menstrual care should not be costly. PAD DONATIONS ARE UNSUSTAINABLE AND HARMFUL TO OUR PLANET.
This initiative allows us to change stories and re-write the destiny of our future leaders.
By MINApowering our girls & women we are contributing to their lives and their communities
Join the Mina movement !!!