Miriam's Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects 2016
- By: Miriam Hartmann
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/miriams-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who are transitioning out of state care and their Community Health Programme shares essential health information with women to enable them to make informed choices and take action to improve their health and the health of their families.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to their participants in ways that truly enable them to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals. R2000 enables 4 women to attend an 8-week long workshop series that builds confidence and health knowledge. It can also enable a young person to start a paid internship, and prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 09, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Hey! Sorry I am late to this, would love to hear about the tour, I owe you an email, lots of updates, hope all is well" - Rob
- Feb 27, 2016 - USD $ 22.27
- "Go Miriam Go!" - Anonymous
- Feb 26, 2016 - R 777.37
- "Have Fun, Miriam!" - Tabitha Hinnant
- Feb 25, 2016 - USD $ 50.00
- "Enjoy the Scenary." - Alan & Ann Schreier
- Feb 22, 2016 - R 568.62
- "Double chai (in US $) to wish you good luck and say I love you!" - Rachel Goldstein
- Feb 16, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Go Miriam go!" - Lindsey Fishleder
- Feb 16, 2016 - R 307.50
- "Way to go Miriam! " - Lauren Raucn
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here