Mobile Data Fundraiser for Unemployed Youth
- By: The Knowledge Trust
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/mobile-data
We are currently running our Bi-Annual Shift Tomorrow campaign and part of this is getting our candidates Learnership ready. Candidates must go through a 7 module 7 week short course and if they complete this they will be entered into a lucky draw to win data.
We have partnered with TSIBA Learning Academy who has spent a number of weeks developing this Learnership course. There are a number of modules around the “7 Habits of highly effective people” that the candidates have to complete to ensure that they gain the right knowledge to enter the working world. Once the candidates have completed all 7 of the modules, in essence, candidates will now be learnership ready with the necessary soft skills to take on the working environment.
The Knowledge Trust is on a mission to break down the barrier of access. We know that at the beginning of every year, the youth of South Africa embarks on a journey to set themselves up and start their careers. This why we have specifically designed this years Shift Tomorrow campaign to look the way it does.
How will this initiative help?
We have created this page on Backabuddy to raise funds for our community to get data. Our goal is to reach R50,000 total funds raised. However, We want to pledge our support by matching any donations up to the value of R20,000. So, we are asking our extended community to help us raise an additional R30,000.
As most opportunities are advertised online, the youth of South African doesn’t have the means to find these opportunities because they simply do not have money to buy data. Data costs in South Africa are one of the highest in the world but we are trying our best to create access by giving them data to allow our youth to still apply for those opportunities
How will the candidates get the data?
Through our crowdfunding efforts and your support, our goal is to reach R50,000. We have parted up with Blue Label telecoms who will be distributing the data for us using their technology. If we reach our target of R50,000 - this will allow us to give 500 candidates 1GB of data each so that they can apply for the various learnerships after completing the 7 modules. Once they have completed the short course, they will go into a lucky draw that will be drawn at the end of Feb 2021. Here we will select our winners through a lucky draw, collect their details where they will receive the data accordingly.
Where will the funds go?
To the members of The Knowledge Trust - https://knowledgetrust.org/
Official Twitter Account:
- Oct 18, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Good luck" - Fanonymous nony is silent
- Oct 17, 2020 - R 250.00
- "The three most important ways to lead people are:… by example… by example… by example. ~ Albert Schweitzer" - Zane Dunn
- Sep 30, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Love this, so heartwarming and makes me so happy to see, will make sure to also share the link with my friends!" - Nakita Madikizela
- Sep 29, 2020 - R 150.00
- "SiyaVuka - Neh 2:17 " - Rachel McPherson
- Sep 28, 2020 - R 100.00
You guys are doing amazing things for the youth and I am proud to support this initiative." - Jessica
- Sep 27, 2020 - R 150.00
- "This is such a wonderful initiative. May this small donation connect at least one young South African to a meaningful opportunity " - Anonymous
- Sep 27, 2020 - R 100.00
- "I really hope we can help more people get jobs through this initiative!" - Anonymous
- Sep 26, 2020 - R 50.00
- "I hope this donation make a difference in someone's life. " - Anonymous
- Sep 25, 2020 - R 100.00
- ""To Greatness!"" - Dunn Deft (Pty) Ltd
- Sep 25, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Pay It Forward! “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” #DataAngels" - Zane Dunn