Horses For Causes Namibia
- By: Friends of Vesta
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/moltkeblick-stables
Vesta Burmeister is a Therapeutic Horseriding Teacher in Windhoek. She is one of our closest friends.
For the last 10 years, Vesta Burmeister has been training, keeping and feeding a stable of horses that have changed the lives of children with physical, emotional and psychological difficulties, but now Moltkeblick Stables is under a real threat to close down.
A severe shortage of grass due to the drastic drought in Namibia is threatening the existence of the therapeutic horses of Moltkeblick Stables outside Windhoek. Battling to feed her horses, owner and horse therapist, Vesta Burmeister, has also been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing intensive treatment, therefore unable to work and sustain her horses and workers.
Closing down the stables will deprive these special needs children of what is possibly their only experience of an unencumbered engagement with an uninhibited force of life - something that we all take for granted.
The horse, to the special needs child, is not merely an animal. For children whose souls are trapped inside bodies and minds that make it extremely hard - and sometimes impossible - to communicate, to move and to engage with the world, these horses are hope. These horses offer them an opportunity to channel the feelings, the love, the frustration, the fear and, ultimately, the opportunity to connect with the vital energy of LIFE itself.
The responsibility now falls on us as a community to show our gratitude, our support, and grace to keep these horses of hope fed and cared for until the keepers of the flame are back on their feet.
The costs will be used to purchase additional feed for the horses & to take care of their caretakers whilst Vesta is unable to teach due to her Cancer Treatment.
Vesta's horses are extremely close to her heart. The funds will help to relieve Vesta of additional stress so that she can fight her cancer.
The funds will go to Vesta Burmeister.
- Oct 16, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "." - Jaco
- Oct 09, 2019 - USD $ 49.77
- "All the best for your Project! " - Martina Benning
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Dankie vir jiu wondelike werk wat jy doen. Alles van die beste. " - Anoniem
- Oct 07, 2019 - USD $ 125.00
- "With love????" - Wencke og Trond, Norway
- Oct 05, 2019 - USD $ 66.51
- "You are making a difference" - Barbarossa
- Oct 05, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Dear Vesta I hope you will get better, praying for you and your beautiful horses.Stay positive " - Chiara
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 132.07
- "*#*" - AbeNamibia
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 13.21
- "We are thinking of you Vesta!" - Camille
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 66.03
- "Contribute to Vesta Horses for Causes" - Dominic & Sim
- Oct 04, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Keep up your fantastic work and be back soon " - Martina de Jager
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 33.02
- "All the best Vesta!" - Roger&Lindy;
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 100.00
- "Stay strong!" - Carolina
- Oct 04, 2019 - USD $ 33.02
- "All the best Vester " - Kevan
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 13.15
- "Keep up the good work" - Anonymous
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 65.73
- "For the love of horses" - Anonymous
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 19.72
- "Thank you Vesta" - Anonymous
Moltkeblick Stables Support Cause
For the last 10 years, Vesta Burmeister has been training, keeping and feeding a stable of horses that have changed the lives of children with physical, emotional and psychological difficulties, but now Moltkeblick Stables is under a real threat to close down, due to a drastic drought in Namibia leading to a severe shortage of grass. Vesta Burmeister has also been diagnosed with cancer and is currently undergoing intensive treatment, therefore unable to work and sustain her horses and workers.