Let's Get Real Campaign
- By: Natasha King
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/natasha-king
The campaign is there to provide awareness, education, and hope for those men and women struggling with this mental illness. Natasha King, herself a recovering anorexic, will be competing in the Mrs SA 2019 pageant to make it known that recovery is possible and that you are never alone.
During her journey throughout the pageant, she hopes to break the stigma by sharing her own experiences, strength, and hope. She is a patron for the Imani Treatment Centre in Cape Town, which specializes in eating disorders. Natasha wants to be a positive influence, and an example to all that freedom and recovery from this illness is possible.
In order to compete in the pageant, Natasha needs to raise R200 000, which includes all pageant-related costs (R80 000), such as flights, accommodation, voting throughout the preliminary rounds, selling tickets for the pageant, and providing donations to the Women4Women Foundation (R120 000). This foundation is a non-profit organisation focused on female empowerment and community upliftment: a programme to improve the lives of the less fortunate and previously disadvantaged women of South Africa.
All donation amounts will be greatly appreciated!
- Mar 13, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Love you sis. get em." - Kyle Puller
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 1 015.00
- "Proud of you Tash. You got this! Lots of love, Mel. <3" - Melanie
- Mar 04, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Soo proud of u Tash, love Wendy XX " - Wendy Heyns
- Feb 26, 2019 - R 2 000.00
- "We are right behind you Tash. Love Mom and Dale." - Toni and Dale
- Feb 22, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Be strong and courageous " - Krepelka Girls