New Beginnings - Stella is Cancer Free!
- By: Stella Meldau
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/new-beginnings-stellas-birthday-celebra
My name is Estelle Meldau. My husband Nicholas Meldau and myself founded Woodrock Animal Rescue in 1992. Once just a vision and now a leading animal shelter of which we are supremely proud of. Woodrock Animal Rescue is a non - profit, pro - life, rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing facility in Gauteng, South Africa. We provide assistance to unfortunate, homeless, abused, neglected, stray, injured, ill, geriatric and unwanted animals (predominantly canines) that would otherwise have miserable lives and premature deaths. Our motto is ACTA NON VERBA – Action not Words. We proudly give a voice to the voiceless.
I am a healthy physically strong person. So when cancer came knocking a year ago it was an enormous shock. I kept my journey mostly private. The journey of diagnosis, tests, treatment was horrible. The fear was awful.
I promised myself never to let the rescue animals down, as this was not their fight. Hence, I always followed through on my commitments. In spite of the hard days, in spite of this illness, I never allowed cancer to take me down. I still got up every day and fought for the voiceless. I had amazing support from my friends and family, but it was my passion for the voiceless rescue animals that kept me going. In my lowest moments I knew I had to fight. I had a life I wanted to live.
Woodrock Animal Rescue was and always will be my life. This is not just a job, it's my world. I wanted to be alive to fight for the rescue animals who so desperately need our care.
I fought the cancer battle. Over the last year, I have endured the chemotherapy, watched my hair fall out, undergone a double mastectomy and I am now in the final stages of daily radiation treatments.
The end of the battle is near. The fight is over and I can confidently and proudly say I am a cancer survivor. From March 2016 onwards, I am celebrating that I am still here to continue to be a force and leader in animal rescue. I welcome all Woodrock Animal Rescue supporters to unite with me in this special celebration. It will mean the world to me!
I have a wish.....
I wish for you all to donate something towards Woodrocks Animal Rescue's dream of a clinic at Woodrock. A clinic of our very own where we can medically treat and sterilize rescue animals in our care. I wish the days of anguish driving an hour and a half to a vet in Johannesburg traffic to get treatment become a distant memory. In addition the clinic will assist Woodrock with its flagship township outreach programme to assist the surrounding communities to care for and sterilize their pets.
A clinic at Woodrock will change the lives of many rescue animals going forward. This is my wish, please help make it a reality!
HOW TO DONATE TO WOODROCK'S DREAM OF A CLINIC....
To DONATE via credit card, EFT or PAYPAL and leave a personal message for me at the bottom of this backabuddy page, please click on the yellow DONATE button on the right hand side or bottom of this page....
Alternatively you can donate directly to our bank account with Reference: CLINIC Stella/Your Name:
Woodrock Animal Rescue
First National Bank
Account number: 62463902299
Branch code: 254005
Cheque Account (Swift Code : FIRNZAJJ
I appreciate your support to make my #woodrockclinicdream come true!
On closing I want to thank everyone who stood by us through this time.
You guys are amazing and I love you all.
- Mar 21, 2016 - R 512.50
- "May this make your day a happy day" - Ali
- Mar 18, 2016 - R 205.00
- "Dear Stella, I wish you a very happy birthday and blessed year ahead. I admire your strength and courage as well as your utter devotion to the animals in your care, we are all so blessed to know you. " - Nicole Bernhardt
- Mar 17, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "Stella, you are a beautiful person, a women of substance & forever loved by those around you." - Puppy Nayo, Bella, Sago Wendelken
- Mar 08, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Keep Sparkling, Stella" - Heather Owen
- Mar 08, 2016 - R 2 050.00
- "What better way to celebrate your life by contributing to the lives of the voiceless. Keep at it Estelle. Love you lots and lots Mike and Lee xxx" - Lee & Mike Hollington
- Mar 01, 2016 - R 512.50
- "Words can never express our gratitude to you for the love and care you have given us over the years. Your strength and positive attitude is an inspirations to all" - Lucky and Mattie Herman
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 307.50
- "We stayed in your kennels in December and we were blown away by your love and dedication to all animals! Thank you Stella and Woodrock and good luck with your dream of a clinic" - Freddy and Manny Nathan
- Feb 26, 2016 - R 100.00
- "Stella - You have changed so many lives. You rescued me and helped me to find my forever mommy. This is my treat money for March,to help the other rescues doggies like me. Love Schneebly" - Schnauzer Schneebly
Woodrock Animal Rescue
Woodrock Animal Rescue provide assistance to unfortunate, homeless, abused, neglected, stray, injured, ill, geriatric and unwanted animals. Our motto is ACTA NON VERBA – Action not Words. We dream of a medical clinic on our premises to treat and sterilize rescue animals that come into our care. Read more about our #woodrockclinicdream at http://www.woodrockanimalrescue.com/our-clinic-dream.html. We are proudly a voice for the voiceless!
To set up your own fundraising page for Woodrock Animal Rescue click here