New Leg for a Champion
- By: Pieter Jooste
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/new-leg-for-a-champion
I lost my leg in a friendly fire shooting accident in Jan 1987 in Katima Molilo, as part of the SA Marines doing border duty. I am a left leg above the knee amputee.
I celebrated 31 years as a amputee on the 5th of January 2018,of which I had to spend on crutches all these years. Due to the complexity and skin irritation I was never able to walk with a prosthesis due to the socket.
I now have a Golden Opportunity to restart my life as a walking amputee. Osseointegration is a revolutionary procedure for amputees that utilizes a titanium rod implanted in the bone of the residual limb to attach the prosthetic appliance instead of a traditional socket.
As a child of God I always knew God had a plan for my life as a amputee, I always try to live life to the fullest testifying Gods grace and embracing life.
- Aug 14, 2018 - R 2 056.40
- "Wishing you all the success. " - Graham Thompson
- Aug 13, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Sterkte Boeta, mag die donasies instroom sodat jou droom om normaal te loop realiseer." - Elize
- Aug 13, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck, Pieter. " - Dolf
- Aug 10, 2018 - R 495.00
- "Jy verdien dit" - Yolandi Maggott
- Aug 10, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Sterkte!" - Hannelie