- By: Anthea Boswell
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/next-step
Just over 4 years ago my life changed in a split second.
I had an accident on the 7 Feb 2015, I was fishing on a friend’s boat and we hit a sand bank. I was thrown out my seat and came down on my back. I was rushed to our local hospital where my fears were realized and I had a broken back and would have to have surgery.
I had a T12 laminectomy; autobone grafting. removal of hemorrhage; Posterolateral decompression; Pedicular screw fixation. That’s the fancy medical terms …basically they straightened up my back and screwed together the vertebra.
I was in hospital for 4 months. In a nutshell I am now a paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but I am determined walk again…
I have worked extremely hard and continue to do so. Between Ringside Boxing here in Ballito and the Walking With Brandon Foundation in Cape Town I will walk again. I travel down to the Cape as much as I possibly can for treatment. I would not be able to do this without the generosity of friends and family. I will keep fighting so I can TAKE MY NEXT STEP...
My family and I are planning to move to Cape Town permanently so that I can have constant treatment, but until we can make this a reality I will have to make the commute as regularly as I can.Funds will be used for treatment at the Walking With Brandon Foundation, air tickets to and from Cape Town, car hire and contribution to accommodation. I cannot travel alone as I am permanently in a wheelchair, so therefore funds need to cover my travel and a caregiver that travels with me. Approximate costs for one week of treatment, flights, car hire, accommodation: R15 000.00 I would like to try and do 4 trips.
To everyone that has donated, supported me, encouraged me, picked me up when I feel I can’t go on...THANK YOU. I will keep on fighting.
Please keep sharing my campaign so that I can realize my dream to walk again
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 10 282.00
- "You got this beautiful, never give up, you are a true inspiration " - Anonymous
- Oct 18, 2019 - R 514.10
- "You go girl. Well done" - Girl
- Oct 03, 2019 - USD $ 518.57
- "Fight !" - Hobsons
- Sep 24, 2019 - R 1 542.30
- "Can't be with you but I know you'll be giving it your all." - Mom
- Sep 24, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "You are such an inspiration. " - Angela Lardant
- Sep 23, 2019 - USD $ 67.01
- "Congrats on your achievements and best of luck going forward" - Cousin Amanda
- Jun 24, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "All the best Anthea" - Brendon to
- Jun 21, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "You go for it girl. Luv you" - Auntie Mel
Anthea's Next Step
I had an accident on the 7 Feb 2015 and had a broken back and surgery. I have worked hard over the last 3 years, there has been improvement. Then I found “Walking with Brandon Foundation”. I would love to have therapy there, and hopefully I will take my next step...
Please Help Me Spread The Word: