Nick and Thomas Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani 2016
- By: Nick and Thomas
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/nick-and-thomas-cycle-for-youth
We will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, we will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who are transitioning out of state care and their Community Health Programme shares essential health information with women to enable them to make informed choices and take action to improve their health and the health of their families.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to their participants in ways that truly enable them to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals. R2000 enables 4 women to attend an 8-week long workshop series that builds confidence and health knowledge. It can also enable a young person to start a paid internship and prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 14, 2016 - R 500.00
- "All for a grate cause " - Anonymous
- Mar 10, 2016 - R 200.00
- "from your nephews" - jessica
- Mar 02, 2016 - R 200.00
- ""The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong ---- let us run with endurance." " - Mr and Mrs Taylor
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Go go go :) " - Abbie n Shaun
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Tom and Nick xx" - Wendy Moss
- Feb 28, 2016 - R 50.00
- "Best of luck Thomas & Nick,hope you guys reach your target." - Bumper
- Feb 23, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Seafarers rock" - Anonymous
- Feb 23, 2016 - R 50.00
- "Good luck guys!" - Anonymous
- Feb 18, 2016 - R 50.00
- "Good luck you two! Thomas keep my seat warm for me :) " - Catherine
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here