Help Nicolette Beat Cancer
- By: Matthew Thomas
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/nicolette-van-helvert
We are working to raise funds for Nicolette to help her beat Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is a loving mother to 3 wonderful children, 1 of them starting high school this year, as well as a dear friend to many, including myself.
Covid has been extremely difficult on the family (as I am sure it has been for many) and she has recently been retrenched as her work decided she was unfit to continue.
This diagnosis was truly a shock as doctors originally thought she had a simple blood clot. She had an extremely challenging, and painful Christmas until, on the 4th of January, she finally conceded that the pain was too immense and went back to the doctor. To our dismay, she was told it was most likely cancer.
As of now, she has been diagnosed with Stage IV Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma that seemingly began in her lymph nodes and has now spread to her bone marrow. She needs to receive both radiation and chemotherapy which she will start in a couple weeks.
The family is now left with only the father as a bread winner and life is becoming more and more difficult.
We are not sure how much the treatment will cost in total but we are hoping that we can raise R300 000 so that we can help lighten the burden. This money will go directly to Nicolette to help cover her rising medical costs.
Please, if you are able to, consider donating in order to help Nicolette, Jojo, Danielle, Nicola, and Adrian get through this difficult time as a family.
- Mar 28, 2021 - USD $ 235.64
- "You are in our prayers dear Nicolette. " - Dali
- Mar 24, 2021 - USD $ 68.66
- "I will keep you in my thoughts. " - Bianca Swart
- Mar 06, 2021 - USD $ 238.76
- "We wish you all the best and are praying for you. Family from Germany" - Siggi and Helmut
- Mar 05, 2021 - R 1 000.00
- "Bunny help" - Bunny
- Mar 04, 2021 - R 2 000.00
- "Best wishes to Nicolette. From Ute and Susanne with Christian" - Ute Pagenkopf-Johnston
- Mar 03, 2021 - USD $ 601.40
- "We are thinking and praying for you. All the best. Family from Germany" - Jacks and Eckhard
- Mar 03, 2021 - USD $ 120.28
- "We wish you all the best and are praying for you. Family from Germany" - Michael and Dominik
- Mar 03, 2021 - USD $ 300.70
- "We wish you all the best and are praying for you. Friends from Germany" - Hannelore und Doris
- Mar 03, 2021 - USD $ 156.18
- "Thinking of you" - Cooks, Michael and Itsy
- Feb 26, 2021 - USD $ 16.88
- "All the best!" - Drav3n - Ex-Elite Dangerous bud
- Feb 25, 2021 - USD $ 121.46
- "you're not alone " - Balu from Germany
- Feb 24, 2021 - USD $ 98.37
- "Hope this will help and you are in my prayers and heart" - Yvonne Forrest
- Feb 23, 2021 - USD $ 155.93
- "Challenging all other pets to donate." - Itsy
- Feb 23, 2021 - R 220.00
- "Wish you all the best and stay strong <3 lot of love to you !" - Elvis
- Feb 23, 2021 - R 2 000.00
- "All the best and wish you a speedy recovery Nicolette." - Raymond Prout-Jones
- Feb 23, 2021 - USD $ 24.27
- "Pray Fast recovery. God bless. Germany prays for you." - Timon
- Feb 23, 2021 - USD $ 20.14
- "God Bless you. Germany prays for you" - Lajos
- Feb 23, 2021 - R 100.00
Praying for you" - Lucy
- Feb 23, 2021 - R 250.00
As soon as I can spare more, I will x" - Leske
- Feb 22, 2021 - USD $ 12.37
- "God Bless" - Tobias
- Feb 22, 2021 - USD $ 12.37
- "Gott Segne sie " - Simon
- Feb 22, 2021 - USD $ 60.69
- "God bless " - K
- Feb 21, 2021 - USD $ 172.91
- "Hoping for a successful recovery" - Cooks and Micahel
- Feb 20, 2021 - USD $ 34.22
- "Praying for a speedy recovery " - Angi