- By: Nomvuyo Manyatsi
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/nomvuyo-manyatsi
My name is Nomvuyo Manyatsi a 4th-year medical student at the University of the Witwatersrand. I am from Swaziland. I am the eldest in a family of three.
Ever since I was in grade 8, I always aspired to become a Medical Doctor. Growing up in a rural village of Mkhulamini in Swaziland, where I also did my schooling, becoming a Medical Doctor meant more than just a career. It symbolized hope, not only for me and my family but for my community at large.
I was very grateful when I got accepted at Wits into the Graduate Entry Programme. This programme allows students with previous degrees to pursue their lifelong dream of becoming a Medical Doctor and commence from a 3rd-year level.
I have been applying for bursaries ever since last year (2018). However, I have not been successful in securing one. The reason for the rejections is always that I hold another degree so I do not qualify to benefit for the second time.
My Mother is the only one employed in my family and she is a cleaner in a community clinic called Mkhulamini Government Clinic. My father was previously employed by the government of Swaziland in the Department of Water Affairs as a hydro-driller. He retired in 2015 and has been a pensioner for the past three years. They can not afford to pay for both my accommodation and tuition fees since they have to take care of my younger siblings as well.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the University of the Witwatersrand*
- Oct 30, 2019 - R 50.00
- "I know its not much but I hope this helps you in your journey. Best of luck my dear!" - Anonymous
- Jul 12, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Good luck with your studies" - Anonymous
- Apr 24, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "I'm so proud of you my friend. I have seen no other work as hard and as diligent as you on this journey. I hope this little donation gets you there. Can't wait to call you Doctor! " - Quincy
- Apr 06, 2019 - R 507.50
- "All the best!" - Xitivani
- Apr 06, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Go on and be great " - Melisizwe Sethosa
- Apr 06, 2019 - R 500.00
- "We can do this " - Olivia-Joan
- Apr 03, 2019 - USD $ 14.80
- "Wishing you all the best fellow Swazi.. Hope you reach your goal. " - Tanele Magongo
- Apr 01, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Wishing you all the best with your fundraising and career friend. God bless!" - Nteba
- Mar 31, 2019 - R 100.00
- "All the best Manyatsi...keep it moving " - kholiwe
- Mar 29, 2019 - USD $ 3.60
- "Life is Worth Living (personal quote) and you chose to live yours. Am proud of you. " - Nozie
- Mar 29, 2019 - R 50.00
- "All the best with your studies " - ngisi