Help rescue puppy, Nugget, get to SA!
- By: Sian Murray
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/nugget
Meet Nugget - a 7 month old foster puppy living in Hanoi. Nugget was rescued off the streets of Vietnam as a tiny, starving and scabie riddled dog. She is being fostered by us, Sian and Daniel while we are living in Hanoi. We have fallen in love with her and want to give her an opportunity to live a happy life with us back home in South Africa. Please help us to ensure that Nugget finds her forever home and does not land up back on the streets of Hanoi.
Nugget is a little puppy living in Hanoi. She was found on the streets, thin, hungry and covered in scabies - a terribly bad skin condition. Luckily some good people took her to an animal shelter where she was given a bed but had to spend her life in a tiny cage.
My partner and I are currently staying in Hanoi and thought we could use our time to help out the desperate and overcrowded animal shelters.
We were asked to foster Nugget - she was very young at the time and was covered in a terrible skin rash which had her scratching and whimpering constantly. Being surrounded by older dogs with diseases would also not have been a good place for her to grow up. We were happy to take her home and nurse her back to health.
Since then she has become a part of our little family - we have fallen completely in love with her and can not stand the thought of leaving her in Hanoi with the chance of living in a crowded shelter or worse, landing up on the streets again or in the dog meat markets. We want to adopt her and give her a permanent, loving home. Being a dog in Vietnam is difficult - the animal shelters do their absolute best but they are always under constant threat of being closed down by the landlords as they are overcrowded. Dog snatching is also very prevalent - unfortunately many dogs are stolen and sold to the meat markets. We want to do everything we can to get Nugget out of this environment.
We want to bring her back to our home in South Africa where we can shower her with love, long walks in the forests and swims at the beach. However, flying a dog is an extremely costly process, which we unfortunately did not expect. We have received quotes of up to $4000, which is more than triple the price of what we thought it would be.
Therefore, we are posting this BackaBuddy in the hope that we can raise enough money to get our dog-child, Nugget to her forever home in South Africa. After her rough and horrible start to life, she deserves to be given all the love and care in the world, which we want to be able to do.
We are trying greatly to find other ways to obtain the money but any donation, no matter how small, will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any help!
Nugget will need to undergo a couple of procedures before she is allowed to immigrate and the donations will be used to fund these procedures. These will include blood tests of up to $600, vaccinations of up to $100 and of course the plane ticket which can cost anything over $1000. This does not include import permits and quarantine fees.
Your donation will help to give Nugget a loving and caring new home away from the possibility of living on the streets of Hanoi, Vietnam. She has had a rough start to life and deserves a forever home away from the crowded shelters.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the relocation services/agent.*
- Nov 26, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Sure hope Nugget is able to join you back home." - Mark
- Nov 08, 2019 - USD $ 26.30
- "Best wishes????" - Brett & Kimberley
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Can not wait for Erica and Nugget to meet up for a play date " - Sandy
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 308.46
- "Best of luck and hope this helps bring nugget home <3" - RobbieG & LukieC
- Sep 26, 2019 - R 514.10
- "One of the cutest pooches!! Wish you the best of luck" - Ali
- Sep 26, 2019 - R 253.75
- "Good luck guys, hope Nugget is running around in SA in no time!" - Kyle
- Sep 25, 2019 - R 203.00
- "I don't have much, but I hope this helps " - michaela richards
- Sep 25, 2019 - USD $ 14.11
- "Bring Nugget home!!" - Elmarié
- Sep 24, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Best of luck guys! #BringNuggetHome" - Keegan Smith
- Sep 23, 2019 - R 250.00
- "Irresistible little Russ teddy bear! " - Banni and Lysh
- Sep 23, 2019 - USD $ 14.10
- "wants Nugget to have a wonderful life" - Caro
- Sep 23, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Bring Nugget home ???? where she belongs with you guys!!! " - Brigid Murray
- Sep 20, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Cocos new friend. We can t wait to meet her. X" - Janett
- Sep 20, 2019 - USD $ 13.22
- "Hope you get Nugget home x" - Pauline Hendrey
- Sep 20, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Fur baby blessings ????" - Rae Murray
- Sep 19, 2019 - USD $ 25.39
- "Hope you get him home soon x" - Jacqui hendrey
- Sep 19, 2019 - USD $ 6.68
- "Hope you get to bring nugget home he is lovely ???? xxx Kirsty x " - Kirsty Williams
- Sep 19, 2019 - USD $ 14.39
- "Hope you bring him home, so sad xxx" - Julie Edwards
- Sep 19, 2019 - USD $ 7.20
- "Hope you get to bring Nugget home ????" - Carlie Williams
- Sep 18, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Cannot wait to run in the Greenbelt with Nugget????" - Olaf
- Sep 18, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Ow nugget come home pal" - Malcolm
- Sep 18, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Cant wait to meet Nugget" - Carol & Phil Collett
- Sep 16, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Look forward to meeting you in SA travel safe furbaby" - Belinda
- Sep 15, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Looking forward to meeting little nugget " - Diane Smith
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Thank you for your love and care of little Nugget. I hope to get the opportunity to meet him and shower him with love once he is safely home in Cape Town." - Jacqui
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 1 500.00
- "Look forward to giving her a safe and happy home for the rest of her life" - Dave
- Aug 12, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Let's get her home guys " - Kim Murray
Nugget Travel Cause
Meet Nugget - a 7 month old foster puppy living in Hanoi. She is being fostered by us, Sian and Daniel while we are living in Hanoi. We have fallen in love with her and want to give her an opportunity to live a happy life with us back home in South Africa. Please hep us to ensure that Nugget finds her forever home and does not land up back on the streets of Hanoi.